Headphone amp = system upgrade also

Hi
Can someone confirm: ‘output’ switching via the app - is this just available for NDX 2, not 1st gen?
Pic of my app:

JR

Hi @popeye Popeye, I had a system identical to yours (NDX2 / 282 / 250DR) and for what its worth, this was my upgrade and headphone path.

1. added an XPS to the NDX2 - a very definite improvement and IMHO a good first step
  2. bought a Hugo 2 for use with music via my PC, but works exceptionally well on the digital out of the NDX2 into headphones
  3. Replaced my Senn HD650s with Meze Empyreans - a very special upgrade indeed!
  4. Added a Violectric V280 to the main HiFi system - this is not quite as detailed as the Hugo 2 but it adds some authority and weight to the music.
    I now listen to my headphones using both the Hugo 2 and the Violectric - both are excellent but different at the same time.
    Ultimately, given the money that is going to be spent on your project, only you can tell which is the best way forward, but maybe my upgrade path will give you some food for thought, I hope so :thinking:.
    By the way, I use the NDX2 DIN output into the 282 and the NDX2 RCA output into the Violectric head amp - works very well and the outputs can easily be swapped in the Naim app.
    cheers
1 Like

The digital out on the 1st gen. NDX was enabled using the remote/front panel display, not the app.

I run a dave into my nac 282 and 250 and am very happy with it sound wise nice uplift vs an nds/xps dr can’t comment on the head phone bit though sorry

Thank you for confirming, I thought as much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.