Headphones only run-in?

A question if I may? OldNait has a new Nait - an SN3 to be precise.

Is it possible to ‘run in’ the above amp, with only headphones attached? A small matter of cables not arriving, a one week wait and impatience to try…

Thanks!

Nick

I doubt it. I imagine that there are separate amps for headphones and speakers.

I wait to be corrected.

Thank you. That was my fear, but worth asking.

Well i thought you would be able to, because when you connect the headphones you disengage the speakers and main amplifier. And now i’ll wait to be corrected.

1 Like

That was my original thought; trying to get current flowing and to get the amp running asap.

As my understanding, most amps have to have a resistive load (speakers) and as you are directing that load to the headphones you are making the amp completely safe.

1 Like

If you are worried about the volume music playing while running in, connect the speakers out of phase and face them towards each other about 6” apart.

1 Like

No speaker cable or connectors at this moment - I’ll not be tempted to banana plug into the new amp

To clarify the answer for the benefit of others: NAIM tech support helpfully confirmed that burning the amp in with headphones only is perfectly safe. I’m amazed how much the sound has now improved at circa 100 hours

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.