Hegel 190 impressions compared to SN3 and 282/250

We’re seriously off topic… However, I wouldn’t rule out a Nietsche amp for the Übermensch who’s already got two full Statement systems.

2 Likes

My studies are too long time now……to remember well all the theories.
I feel relatively close to the Rousseau thinkings, from what I remember…

1 Like

‘Laissez faire’ will do FR :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes

Oh yes, that definitely looks Asian?

in the end you have to blame the European parent company Hegel for allowing such poor build quality to be associated with their brand

or they should lower their prices to reflect the poor manufacturing quality.

they want to have their cake and eat it.

Yes capitalism is good, but not when it produces such a poor build quality of a product.

You should stop hammering on Hegel’s apparent poor build quality, it’s ridiculous. It’s very likely no better or worse than 99% of brands out there. No professional review mentions poor build quality, they do mention that Hegel offers excellent value for money compared to other (expensive) brands. It’s simple as that.

Sure, some units will have quality issues, just as some Naim units do as well. Just search these forums for things like:

(and many other examples)

8 Likes

Wasn’t Marx a pupil from Hegel (quite different from what I remember tho)?!

1 Like

You didn’t quite get to the real issue. the price.

for such a poor build Hegel should not charge premium European prices when it’s made in Asia and looks so carelessly made.

1 Like

Why does it bother you so much ? Ok, perhaps not built to Naim standards of neatness, but very decent kit nonetheless.

Move on.

2 Likes

That’s not a good argument at all. You compared the Hegel 190 to the Naim SN3. In most of Europe the SN3 is about £750 more expensive and is completely analog, it offers half of the power of the 190.

If you place a streaming board into the SN3 you roughly end up with a Nova, at about £1750 more expensive than the 190, still with half the power. You can buy a H390 for the price of a Nova, which is in a completely different league.

The Hegel’s price is just really competitive, regardless of the build quality.

4 Likes

Hegel 390. 22 kg. Built like a tank for Stereophile.
Don’t see any poor build quality. This integrated received a lot of very positive reviews.

5 Likes

you can’t get the musicality and sound of a Naim SN3 from what you shown above

to begin with they use parallel transistors and the wiring is messy.

do they match components like Naim? Most probably not.

1 Like

It’s not the Naim sound but I don’t see why it can be poor built. Personally I have never heard Hegel but see it’s well considered in different press reviews and users.

1 Like

This is getting ridiculous. Some people seem to be ready to die for Naim.

There are other decent manufacturers out there - where I live, Hegel is cheaper and offers more for the same money. Who cares about the messy wiring? The difference will be minimal.

I have a Naim system, and have no wish to change, because I’ve had a Naim combo since 1978 (NAC22/NAP120), and I’m attached to the firm. But I wouldn’t die for Naim. And if Br.x.t makes it more difficult for me to get spares or have my amplifier serviced, I will happily switch for another manufacturer.

9 Likes

Quite. To say you cannot get the same musicality just because the wiring is scruffy is complete and utter bollocks. And to say it over and over and over and over is a sign of weird obsession. Conviction based on nothing. Drivel. Twaddle. Pointless nothingness.

9 Likes

Blimey, where did this silly argument come from?

Time to move on chaps…

8 Likes

I’d said I wasn’t going to participate in this thread anymore but I’m feeling a bit mischievous so I’m going to add this to the debate earlier on I connected my Auralic Aries Mini directly to the H190 via Coaxial bypassing it’s own Dac and using the one onboard the Hegel and am massively impressed with the sound produced.

I’d go so far as to say it’s the biggest, bassiest and ballsy sound I’ve ever had from a Tidal stream or internet Radio truly impressive.

3 Likes

maybe you, in particular don’t care about messy wiring, and maybe to your ears the difference is minimal.

However a number of audiophiles will spend big money on cables, even 4000 GBP for a Chord music ethernet, or 2200 GBP for a Superlumina interconnect.

if you think the difference is minimal, that’s your thinking, but to me every small improvement is heard and enjoyed and is part of the fun.

you pays your money and take your chances.

If I wanted to plonk down hi-fi and just press play, I would buy one of the many bluetooth speakers available.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Micro aggressions – or has Analogmusic already entered the stage of rather blunt aggression? Certainly, he is rather rude…