Hell is

That’s completely true.

Our dog trainer’s first observation on me was that I was too quick tempered with our puppy, had too high expectations of the dog doing things he hadn’t been taught correctly, and gave up on him too quickly.

SWMBO was almost the opposite, but lacked firmness, concise direction.

We make a pretty good team :+1:

I’ve spent the last two years working on those things.

Which has inadvertently changed my behaviour in the workplace too!

4 Likes

Shopping in Sainsbury’s

Reason - other people.

1 Like

Shopping in Asda.

Zombie apocalypse.

Willy.

6 Likes

Hell is largely a measure of our own intolerance rather than the behaviour of others. Some dogs are lovely. Others are vile. Some look lovely some do not. Humans? Same. Some people wince at screaming kids in any context. Others tune it out.

I managed to avoid the Trafford Centre for much of its first decade. A little awkward as the manager was my neighbour. I am prepared to tolerate the cinema if the film is on nowhere else. Shopping is easy enough. Simply go before 10:30am. Generally I don’t simply because there is nothing there which is not better in Manchester City Centre or suburbs e.g. books, music, clothing and so on.

Some people get less tolerant of things as they get older. I understand that. I’m the opposite. I’m less tolerant of stupidity or incompetence but I’m more understanding that those things often aren’t simple or straightforward. Walk a mile… etc.

4 Likes

Cat’s other people surely :wink:

1 Like

Dogs have owners (who are notionally “in charge”)

Cats have staff (who aren’t!)

10 Likes

The next thread on network cables or MQA.

5 Likes

Screaming kids,
People who can’t control their mutts. Ie on long leads and run across in front of you.
Plus jumping up at you with muddy paws. & the owner saying oh it doesn’t usually do that!

Can’t you tell I hate dogs, and cats for that matter as well!!!

…well-fed persons who park their car too close to yours and then bang their door against your car as they try to squeeze their way out.

8 Likes

If the space is tight and there are no other spaces I put my hand between my door and the other car. Parking as far away from everyone else is what I try to do though.

7 Likes

We watched with incredulity in a garden centre car park as this lady decided not to park in the other 200 or so spaces……No she had to park next to other cars……she could have just driven in to the space…but no, had to reverse in. The driver of the car she parked next to on her passenger side would need to crawl across from their passenger side😬

6 Likes

Same with nose to tail street parking when some idiot leaves an inch between your car and theirs.

Hell is

People moaning on an internet forum.

15 Likes

Read something the other day about increased injuries with other people being tripped by those extendable dog leads - owners think their dog is under control but they’re often not as I found out a few months ago when some mutt decided to run in a circle around me. I was lucky not to go flying, polite smile from the owner…

I don’t mind dogs in fairness I just hate them jumping up and pawing you.

My biggest bugbear is the dog poo baggers who then just chuck the bag away or hang it from a tree. I just can’t understand the mentality. I’ve even found dog poo bags in our food recycling bins/green bins.

2 Likes

I like Rodin’s Gates of Hell:

1 Like

An inch would have been nice. Someone decided to cozy up to my van recently. Hopefully his repair bill will make him think twice next time.

4 Likes

Imaginary

But unlike Hell, you can avoid that.

1 Like

Sick, old, and poor.

1 Like

Passing a kidney stone. I’m told.

3 Likes