Help me short list speaker options

Blooming frustrating this speaker lark… the PMC’s and kudos using a different approach so will test those and if no joy then I need to have a think about the room - the room isn’t difficult per se but I only have one option in terms of where I can place the speakers…

1 Like

…I would take a look at the ProAc D40 or their ‘K’ range of speakers.

Brilliant to see something I hadn’t heard of before. One question, am I the only one thinking these fellows can produce sound without any amp connected? (as in ‘Exterminate!!’ :slight_smile: )

I use a Little Dot CD transport in my NDX/Linn Sondek/52/135/B&W 800 system. You might find one second hand. V inexpensive and remarkably good.
B&W are great with Naim. I have 800s and 803D3s in two Naim systems.

V best,

ADRIAN

1 Like

If the space allows it (rear ported) so they should be out from rear and preferably side walls). I’d definitely look into dynaudio , something like contour 30 or evoke 30 or if budget allows confidence 30. Haven’t really followed the range lately, but they are usually beautifully finished and sound very good (not to be overlooked in importance). :grinning:

Magico A3’s should be readily available in your part of the world, lovely speaker and work well with Naim

Paul

Try to listen to Harbeth Speakers. I think they are the best speakers around if you do not listen to heavy rock music. Smooth and natural sounding. A real eyeopener with Naim amplification.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.