Help needed with deciding on a naim streamer setup

Yes HH…he said Amazon was one his two main streaming sources…hence my early post on this thread.

2 Likes

Perhaps, rather than seeking a system that can also play Amazon HD, would it be worth first discovering if Amazon HD holds any advantage of Tidal HD? I don’t see the point in subscribing to two if they offer the same music.

Better to get the streamer you want if there’s no musical advantage over the subscriptions.

2 Likes

Yes. That’s why I said Tidal as a focal point

1 Like

so, mmm, the uniti atom has a definitive advantage over the 5si, though it’s not just a dedicated amp… annnd i ahould not worry about underpowering my speakers which are not that big at all and to be exact are fairly small bookshelves.

i’m in with the uniti atom :slight_smile: you got me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please accept my apologies, I missed that in the opening post.

2 Likes

OK, but nobody has answered your question yet - which will sound best, Atom or Node/Nait5si. We can all speculate, but you should try to find a dealer who can let you listen to both options. Good luck!

1st/ naim nait 5si + blueos powernode is a good option means as technology changes you can change the ‘front end’ rather than find the all in one box is out of date. Also no screen to potentially have to replace

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @madlen4o. The Atom is a great little box (I have one). But if by “hi quality tidal” in your first post you mean Tidal’s highest quality offering, that requires an MQA DAC. The Bluesound offers this but, at present, the Atom doesn’t. I would still opt for the Atom on sound quality grounds, but you need to be aware of what is possible with each of your choices. Have fun choosing.

Roger

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum. Always great to have contributors from outside UK.

It depends what you want to achieve in the future. If you think you might want to upgrade then the Bluesound/Nait combination will you give you more flexibility.

Good luck.

Lindsay

1 Like

hi again guys!:slight_smile: sooo, i’ve tested both but i decided on the 5si with node 2i - liked the idea better to try change someday my speakers with another pair or just move to the higher class amps likes supernait. everything sounds awesome - from bon iver to ludovico eiunaldi. naim is my end game!:slight_smile: thank you all for the support and help choosing​:pray:t2:

11 Likes

Good to hear that you have a system that you are happy with. Separates are nearly always better, and as you are already planning future upgrades, I think you made the right decision.

1 Like

I am using a Node 2i as the source in my system at the moment, it sounds good and has an excellent user interface. Good choice.

Few month later I’m still in awe how good combination this set is!! And i’ve just ordered a Rega Planar 2 + separate rega phono stage - cannot wait to try them!

Enjoy your vinyl, I find it fun searching the selection in my local second hand record shop, it takes me back to my teenage years! Many years ago I stubbornly and finally bought a CD player but kept my turntable, I recall comparing the same album on cd and vinyl and was surprised that I heard subtleties in the vinyl presentation that I didn’t hear in the CD. I still occasionally enjoy the theatre of ‘putting a record on’

I would find it hard to go back to 100% vinyl though as streaming has broadened my music choice so much. Happy disc spinning!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.