Help needed with Naim nVi

Hi everyone,
I just got my nVi down from storage and hooked it up again.
Now I have two small issues but I don’t remember if/where these settings can be adjusted:

1. I have no video output. It is hooked up to my TV via DVI to HDMI cable but the TV does not recognize the nVi. On the AV2 there was an option to disable video output. Is this maybe the issue here and if so, where can I find it?

2. The OSD is pretty dim despite being relatively “new”, i.e. after replacement was not used a lot. I assume these displays do not go dim without usage? Is there a setting somewhere?

I recall once accessing a factory/hidden menu or something. Maybe there?

Thank you all for your help :slight_smile:
Alex

I would suggest the following strategy.

I have never owned the nVi (I used to have the DVD5 and AV2). Do you have access to the manual? If so check in there first. If you don’t have the manual, contact Naim and see if you can download a copy - also IIRC there is a link somewhere in these forums to a website where you can download one.

Ask Naim for their help/advice.

You mention connecting by HDMI. I assume you mean DVi > HDMI lead? It is possible that your lead is faulty. I may still have my old lead hiding somewhere (No promises - I’d have to check - it’ll be in the loft if I do). If you live anywhere near me, I would be happy to give it to you.

Sorry I can’t help more than that.

Manual here

Skip here once you’ve read the manual

Can you connect via component? it may be that the DVI is switched off or could be an HDMI handshaking issue. Connecting via analogue should at leats allow you to get an OSD.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.