Help needed with radio

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer, now it’s clear enough for me why I couldn’t find. Was on the list - I thought it would be nice to organise as previously :grin:

Kacper

Hi. Had the internet radio problem on my new UnitiStar. Now resolved except for one minor glitch. Individual radio station icons appear on my i pad but no longer on the Uniti screen, only a generic Hi On Line Radio icon. Any ideas?

and once again, the entire world internet radio goes down at 2.45pm. Complete shambles.

Really ?? what part of the world is that ??

Hi @Jota

We’ve been tracking the service and the server has had no downtime, the server is responsive and the dns issue has now fully populated around the world. Overall Vtuner have an excellent record of uptime and the scheduled server work this week was to ensure this can continue.

In practice it all runs out of one data centre, so the only local difference is if there is an internet routing issue between the data server and a customers internet provider.

If you feel it’s more than that then drop me a line (steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com) and I’ll take a look in more details.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

Hi,
KCRW Electra 24 on my presets is playing the BBC World Service stream! What I am trying to listen to more than anything is. https://www.fip.fr I’ve added to My Added Stations, it shows on the App but it won’t play, Ive just bought a new MUSO Dune Edt. Its wired to my router, I’ve reset and reinstalled the app numerous times, and the FIP station is on the list in Naims V tuner service. I really want to listen to it on my Muso,
Many Thanks
Angus

Hi,

In the Naim app browse:
Internet radio->location->europe->france->all stations
FIP is in the F section. See screenshot attached.

Regarding the station that is playing the wrong stream, that station closed down ages ago. It looks like the vtuner id is now reassigned for something else.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

Hi
Its not in amongst those stations, I’ve looked.

The one I’m after is at the top of the Radio Guide. I was told it could be possible for it to be added by Naim into the Station lists, it would be fantastic. Ive tried adding it to my Added Stations. https://www.fip.fr/

Many Thanks
Angus

Hi
Sorry, I’ve found it now. The label confused me. The native Fip App streams at HD. Its streaming at 128kb/s on the Naim App,

Many Thanks
Best
Angus

Hi Angus,

Glad that you found it. I had a quick look at their app and the hd stream is actually a 192kbit AAC stream. If you want to add it manually use this URL:

http://direct.fipradio.fr/live/fip-hifi.aac

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director

Hi Steve
Thanks so much - http://direct.fipradio.fr/live/fip-hifi.aac. I’ve added the URL. to “My Added Stations”, this message appears, 500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Sorry to go on about this - its frustrating not be able to hear it at the higher 192kbit through my Muso.

Many Thanks
Angus

Hi @Gus,

I tried the add station here and it seems to work. It’s possible that you may need to relogin, as it may of expired and did an auto logout.

However, as the station is of reasonable quality in its 192k AAC form, I’ve added it to ‘Naim’s Choice’ in the Internet radio home menu. That will make life easier for you to get access to it…

Best

Steve

Hi Steve,
Great, thanks so much for doing that.
Curiously I just checked the stream from “My Added Stations”. I haven’t changed anything, just manually logged out before I thought I would check, and the Fip station was streaming from “My Added Stations”! Anyhow, whatever has happened, I did not change anything, and I am very grateful.
Best Regards
Angus

Hi Steve
The Fip 192k AAC station you put up has disappeared from Naims Choice, only the 128 k Fip station is now available. Is there a reason,
Best Wishes &

Many Thanks
Angus

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.