Help: UnitiServe-SSD - Can't edit metadata

I wonder whether this problem is because your NAS isn’t talking properly to your Unitiserve. You could go into the NAS setup and check that SMB1 hasn’t been disabled. Unitiserve needs SMB1 and some OS have changed the default to SMB1 off, for security reasons.

Best

David

Having the same issues as yourself, latest software was already installed in my case so guessed that wasn’t the problem, though necessary to move forward.

At present I am still converting from WAV to FLAC ( still over 25,000 tracks to go) so don’t want to mess with it.

David

Thanks for the information, will check mine out also when it’s finished converting to FLAC.

Your knowledge is always most welcome.

Russ

David

Thanks as well for the information.

I was already suspecting that the problem might come from à communication problem with the NAS.

Now I tried to fix it, but didn’t find how, my Firmware does not show the same options than the tutorials on the Qnap site.

So, for now I didn’t contact Naim again, but have dropped à line to the Qnap service centre instead.

MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Got my answer from QNAP Technical Service.

On my “old” HS-210, it is not possible to activate SMB1 as such, but activating the “Local master browser” should do. Unfortunately this didn’t help.

Dropped another mail to Naim, maybe they have an idea on how to fix the problem Russ and I are dealing with.

MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.