Help! Upgrade suggestions?

If you can stretch to it, Kudos Titan 606’s are worth hearing as well.

Thanks for the suggestion Alan. I have a smaller listening room now and I’m thinking standmounts might suit the space better? I need to do some home demos to be sure.

1 Like

Understood. They would go nicely with your 300 though.

1 Like

I did end up purchasing the T606 after listen to them alongside the T505 I would keep an open till you can demo both.

They are both superb speakers and as always it comes down to personal choice but they seem to be very room tolerant in fact mine are closer to the rear wall the the Spendor D7s that they replaced.

2 Likes

How close are your Titan 606’s to your rear wall?

240mm from the back wall and 1.9 metres apart.

4 Likes

When I mentioned to my dealer that I might consider these, he suggested that I also considered some ATCs as he reckons thay are much better value for money. For a large-ish standmount that would mean the SCM19 (although I’m not keen on the finish) or SCM20 (which use much nicer wood veneers). I ended up with something completely different, but maybe something for the shortlist.

1 Like

Well, I’ve ended up with the Confidence 20’s. To my ears they blew away both the Titan 505’s & 606’s, which surprised me. I also appear to have been sold SL cables too! …however, the sound is amazing!!

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how big is your room and how far do you place the Confidence from the rear wall?
Thanks
David

Lovely unit, what is it? I know it’s heresy but I’m not a fan of the frame look.

The room is approx. 4.5m x 5.0m and the speakers are 30cm from the rear wall. It’s not the ideal room shape, but my dealer has managed to get them set up sweetly.

1 Like

It’s an Atacama. Because of the room shape, I had to find a unit that would accommodate my tv too!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.