Help with my new setup : Dumb question

I am new to Hi Fi. I have just purchased a Naim Uniti Star, Focal 936 speakers and a denon p400 turntable. I also just purchased a NAIM Stageline phoni stage.
It may seem a stupid question, but it is all brand new to me. How di power my Stageline if there is no power from teh Unitistar?

From the Naim website

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/stageline

24V supply voltage from NaimUniti 2, NAIT XS2, SUPERNAIT 2, Naim Audio preamplifier (except NAC-N172 XS & NAC-N 272), FlatCap XS, HiCap or SuperCap required.

Looking at the manual for the Denon turntable it seems like that the Equalizer On/Off switch on the back lets it be used on an amp without a dedicated phono input. That means you don’t need the Stageline at all.

Were these all online purchases? Any dealer worth their salt should have advised that what you have bought unfortunately wasn’t right.

Is it too late to return the Stageline and Denon turntable? If I were in your position I’d try to do that and get a Rega Planar 3 and Rega MM Phono instead for roughly the same cash.

Thanks so much for the advice/information. I havent taken the Stage line out of the box yet. I will try and return it unused to the dealer.

That would certainly be the cheapest option but if there’s any way you could return the Denon turntable and get a Rega Planar 3 instead along with a Rega Fono I feel that would be a far better fit with the Star and Focals. I fear that the Denon turntable will be the real weak link in your system.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.