Help!

I was replying to Neil S. I just wondered if some of the 32.5 cards had been substituted for the original 12 cards. As you say a picture should reveal all :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi James,

The 12 would have a pair of NA321s (gain) & a pair of NA324s (input buffer), plus 325 switch on delay & phono cards.
A 32 would have the same cards, plus an extra pair of 324s for the tape output buffer. The 12 has the tape output connected directly to the input selector.
So other than perhaps a newer revision of 321/324, there would be little advantage to swap them out.
It would also not be possible if the 12 has the early “knife edge” connectors, rather than the later pin & receptacle arrangement.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Cheers Neil - that’s interesting info.

James

As promised, pic of the inside.

!
Shows the two red power wires that seem to be wired to the same track on the underside

Showing the back of the din sockets.

Makes sense we have the pin and socket cards on my board.

Hi Lennox,

If the two reds are indeed terminated to the same track, don’t go connecting a flatcap, hicap etc. It will short the two rails together & the power supply won’t thank you for that.
It doesn’t look to me like the modifications were done at Naim, we wouldn’t use that type of DIN socket or stripped out telephone cable for the earth.
I’m afraid you will need to bite the bullet and get someone who is competent to sort it out for you.

Regards
Neil.

1 Like

Thanks Neil, Its going back to Witch Hat to sort it out. Gutted as they just sent it back after a service they could of replaced it back when they had it. Happy Days cant wait to have it all up and running. Just need to source a newish knob for the SNAPS the one on it has cracked. I suppose I could get the glue out!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.