Here's a thought...MQA access on the cheap?

Slightly off topic, just to be clear: no Naim steamer supports MQA, including the current generation.
(They support Qobuz, though.)

On topic: if you like a simple option (without fiddling with apps, laptops/smartphones, …) adding such an additional box gives you a few options to explore: MQA and/or Qobuz, analogue through the extra DAC or through the Naim DAC. With some risk, you’ll not be convinced of the invest, if you cannot test it beforehand.
You may need multiple apps/remotes for all the boxes, but that’s for everybody to decide, what’s convenient or tolerable for them.

The MQA discussion has taken place through several threads on the forum, just type in MQA in the search feature.

In the past on the MQA website they used to list companies that supply products that supports thier proprietary licensed software.

I did a side by side comparison of TIDAL vs Qobuz a few years ago and Qobuz won hands down. It was $5.00 less a month and even cheaper with a yearly subscription. …of Course with the Disclaimer: My Room, My System, My Ears.

2 Likes

Yes, but you couldn’t experiment full MQA on Tidal vs Qobuz hires, just comparing Tidal Flac 16/44 vs hires Qobuz.
@bailyhill , if he is still with us, could compare. At that time he had the top Meridian dac and sold the Nd555.

1 Like

That is correct and I have no interest to explore MQA in any form. If I did I would explore a vendor that supports the format. Or go to a dealer that sells and demonstrates products that support it.

The subject has been beat to death and plenty of discussions have taken place.

Since it says “on the cheap” here, would the NAD be any better than the Wiim pro for half the price? I have to admitthough I was a fan of the NAD sound before I joined the Naim Comunity.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.