Hi-Fi dealerships

Was wondering, with non-essential shops (incl. Hi-Fi dealerships) re-opening in the UK on 15th June (tomorrow), whether anyone has any audio demonstrations or purchases planned?

Most shops seem to be operating on booking a specific slot, so that they can manage social distancing, however that’s probably not much different from how it’s been managed before (e.g. I’ve always booked ahead for a scheduled demo slot)? It does deter the casual ‘drop-in’ visit though.

Will be interesting to hear more on this from folks, especially those who’ve been frustrated by not being able to hear/buy kit during the lockdown.

I know from talking to my Hi-Fi dealer that they will certainly appreciate the trade (internet only sales haven’t fully compensated), and I guess this could be a difficult make or break time for some.

George.

I’ve just had an email from my dealer that says that they will be open for bookings from 2nd July.

OK…interesting…thanks @Camphuw . I guess that gives them time to get things set up for customers.

G.

If you want to see how they plan to go about look for Naim dealers in the Forest of Dean.

Looks like there’s some variance amongst a selection I’ve just searched;

• TomTom from 15th June
  • BillyVee from 15th June
  • Rayleigh Hi-Fi from 15th June
  • Signals from 16th June
  • Audio Affairs from end of June

So at least there’s signs of getting shops open again, even if some staggering their start slightly.

G.

1 Like

My Oxford based dealer open from Tue 16 Jun.

1 Like

Acoustic Streams in West Cornwall opening for visits, by appointment, from tomorrow, 15 June. Happy Days!

2 Likes

Acoustica Chester - Tuesday 16th according to their website.

1 Like

My local Audio t on the south coast is due to open on the 16th June. Exciting times as i’m just about to pull the trigger on a NDX 2.

1 Like

Exciting news Stephen! Let us know how you get on with visit to the dealers and also with the NDX2 - I absolutely love mine!

George.

1 Like

Yep, will do George. Thank you.

1 Like

Winchester Hi-Fi reopens on Tues 16th June, appointments only in the first instance.

1 Like

Oranges & Lemons open from today. I feel the lure of a Karousel demo…

6 Likes

Excellent - please report back on findings Kev!

G.

1 Like

I may be going to Chris Brookes’ emporium tomorrow morning to let him persuade me to exchange several £k for several Linn K

5 Likes

Excellent! Hope it all goes well!

George.

Thanks :blush: not spent anything on the LP12 for most of the 26 years I have had it so it’s about time. The free Karousel might work out quite expensive in the end!

2 Likes

Isn’t that always the way, however you’ll get that ‘warm, fuzzy feeling’ from keeping your dealer in business! :grinning:

George.

1 Like

Not single handedly I hope!

1 Like

As the Asda advert says - “every little helps”! :sunglasses::+1:

George.