Hi-line Din-to-Din to Din-to-RCA

Hi, I have a Din-to-Din Hi-line left over from my previous Naim stack and am wondering if its worth amending my Hi-line to Din-to-RCA. This would be to connect my Aria to Uniti Nova for my P8. Has anybody attempted this modification and would it be worth it? I know that Naim does an RCA to RCA version of the Hi-line so presumably there are still benefits to be had even without air plugs either end replaced by RCA connectors. I would be replacing only one? Or would I just be ruining a perfectly good conventional Hi-line?

I’d sell the Hiline as is, and get a pair of Rega Couple 2 phono leads. That’s what was recommended to me - keep it Rega all the way to the Naim. They don’t need fancy treatment and won’t spontaneously self destruct.

I currently have Chord Clearway on test which sound great btw, just wondering if anyone had gone this “Frankenstein” route with the Hi-line?

I wouldn’t bother hacking up a perfectly good Hi-Line DIN-DIN. Best to trade it for either an RCA-DIN version or something else.

My dealer did exactly this mod for me when I moved from naim to a Linn ds front end. Worked very well to my ears and allowed to keep using the expensive cable. Since moved to a Morgana lead, I like that more.

Are you allowed to trade on the Forum Richard?

Definitely not. Please take a moment to read the forum rules, if you have not yet done so. thanks.

Ok, got that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.