Hi-res FLAC streaming on Tidal

Already there!

Three reasons

1. need for Tidal Connect
  2. SU won’t stream DSD over WiFi
  3. hires FLAC radio streams

With a third party device in middle none of the above are blockers, so the SU remains a useful DAC/amp.

No it isn’t, Bubble acts as a proxy server so the 1st gen streamers still receive ‘local’ streams. Too much latency on internet streams for reliable Hi-res as the buffer is not large enough and dropouts ensue.

This is all quite perplexing. I have an NDX and I can stream DSD from my NAS drive using minimserver. Presumably if I had some kind of device that can buffer the hi resolution stream and present it to the UpNP interface, the NDX would be none the wiser and would “think” it is playing a DSD file from my NAS. I guess there may be a way to feed a digital stream directly into the NDX digital input too. The trouble with this stuff is that it is so technical.

In my experience hires is at best a minor factor in sq.

(I hardly ever listen to radio streams, just Qobuz music files streamed from the internet).

Bubble UPnP server is such a device. If your NAS is a decent spec you can even run it from there and have ‘localised’ cloud streams.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.