Hifi deluxe show, anyone go?

Popped along sunday with a mate, as its only about 15 minutes away for us.
Some very nice kit on show, plus some nice sounding rooms, which goes against what you can normally find at shows like this.
No naim gear being used that i saw, but some very nice gear on show.

A few rooms that i really liked was the Absolute sound rooms, and the boyer audio room, this being my favorite, it just sounded very nice.

Mike valentine of chasing the dragon, did a very nice talk, and demonstrated the difference in sound quality from various sources, plus microphones. Very interesting and just lovely to hear a 2 inch wide tape master recording, being played at 30 ips on a reel to reel.

Also Ricardo Franassovic of Absolute sounds, well he is also a character lets say. Had a full stack of dcs vivaldi in one room, and full stack of rossini in another, plus some very nice turntables, amp, phono stages etc.
Just a shame the rossini had to be set up running its worst map, filter and lowest sampling rate, to try and tame the effect the room had. They didn’t say this, but being an owner, i noticed the settings and asked the question.

But overall a great run show, and was certainly worth the visit

1 Like

I missed out on this one Dunc, I am approx 25-30 minutes away but just could not get the chance to head over. The list of companies attending was pretty impressive for an out of the way show and I liked that they had lined up some live entertainment. I am hoping that the show went well fr the organisers and that they set up another one next year - same location would be good.

Shame you missed it, as like i said it was a very well organised show.
Not your normal bedroom show, plus fantastic gear on display.

1 Like

What were the standout rooms do you think in terms of equipment & sound?

As said above.

A few rooms that i really liked was the Absolute sound rooms, they had dCS kit, and vinyl.
One room had the full stack of vivaldi into some magico speakers.
The other room had full rossini stack into wilson speakers.

The boyer audio room, this being my favorite, it just sounded very nice.
But the system playing cost over £400k

Plus definitive audio room, also very nice with living voice speakers, a huge battery pack running the complete system, and some nice gear plus turntable.

But as said great show, and i can see next years one, being a lot busier.

2 Likes

excellent, many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.