Hifi room in summer house

There are and you need to check your insurance policy. Many only cover up to £1000 for outbuildings. There’s a whole thread on this subject.

If I move (and it will be a big decision) into a flat I have decided to divorce the audio system from the video system so that I can get a decent set of headphones and listen to music via a dedicated headphone amplifier

2 Likes

Headphones can be truly lovely (just take care of your ears!) and considerations for location, other people, room acoustics etc are superfluous :+1:

2 Likes

Not a concern for neighbours, but you would need closed back headphones to avoid irritating other people in the same room.

2 Likes

Yes good point but they do sound better in my limited trials. I use Sen 600’s and I usually sit in a different room from my wife, IEM’s when travelling in the campervan!

Back in the 80s I used headphones all the time both on the move and at home and enjoyed the music. Since then I’ve never got on with headphones, I suspect a big investment would be needed to get anything worth listening to in my house. I did listen last night via my Nait 5si and my Sennheiser HD545 References and the experience was disappointing. I can listen to the Nait all day long thru the Dynaudios but headphones fall flat. I do wonder whether an Atom HE plus a pair of decent phones would be worth the investment but it would only get used when the weather is too awful for me to bother going up to my cabin.

If possible it would be better to try and get a loan of some different types before shelling out any cash :+1:

2 Likes

@QuickSticks thankyou, that is a very generous offer. I would take you up on it but unfortunately i am the other side of the country.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.