Hifi Show Report - Deutsche Hifi Tage

I belief I didn’t see the subwoofers this time, but even with subwoofers I miss something. The initial impression is however a positive one, but like I said when you hear more you start exploring the weaknesses…

No I didn’t get again to the room so I only heard one pair of speakers.

Further impressions of rooms I didn’t really evaluate. There was a home cinema system which didn’t impress me, and then an average T&A system, and something around room with Cabasse speakers…

The next room was with Paradigm Speakers, Aurender Streaming and a top end Meitner DAC. The amplification was with audio research valves…

The Paradigm speakers are offered in passive and partial active version (for the bass).

As expected a nice warm and rounded sound with strengths in middle and bass area. While unfortunately I didn’t hear something with extreme high things to hear how the setup is doing in those conditions…

1 Like

The other songs are a bit in the same range on the Paradigm setup. So no pressure on the high notes. I was happy to hear Sara as I wasn’t exposed to her before. Even while they avoided the top end on the speakers, I was interested with what I heard so far.

1 Like

The setup of Manger didn’t impress me so much. With Mark and Chat it sounded refined / precise but overall I missed in the setup bass quality, power and rawness. The system was too polite in my view.

I would appreciate again a response so I can complete the report with very impressive speakers of Seta which I have a lot to mention about and people who are in it for that pricerange should review them. And of course more things. This evening I will end with a strange element of the show in which a person of Technics explained all the technologies which had been used in their top of the line amplifier. It was without music interesting to hear what choices they made and how they tuned all the negative effects and even influence the impact of analog sources…., so just interesting, while I couldn’t hear the effect of the techn9logiesvas compared to not using it.

4 Likes

Back on form Bert👍

1 Like

As usual, an interesting report, Bert. I like that you have taken the time to research and post the music used at the demonstrations.

Your effort is much appreciated by this forumite.

2 Likes

Great stuff @BertBird Bert, thanks for taking the time to do this for us here.

.sjb

2 Likes

Many thanks for taking the time & trouble to produce such a quality report Bert : it is always a great read and I really appreciate the equipment & music combinations.

2 Likes

*wowzer * thank you for such a detailed report.

As a ClearAudio owner I was :pensive: that their system did not shine

1 Like

Now I get for me to a highlight of the show. It was in the room with Seta speakers driven by Audionet amplification and soulnote sources.
Now the speakers are the ones I was delighted with. It was the Seta Finesse 610. They for me scored on all fronts, refinement, good high end extension, good soundstage and crazy bass quality. Needless to say that I stayed very long as the demo guy also had a wide variation of musical styles on display. All on cd by the way. For people with a budget for speakers on that level I would absolutely recommend you to have a listen to these speakers…
Anne Bisson, great listen. Totally satisfying…
Clare Hammond - very good in the higher end of the song
Then I had a problem Shazam this as I got five results of which I published one
Rebecca Pidgeon of course also good as it’s also a good recording……

2 Likes

Yuri Honing dynamics come good accross
Herman Prey - this was almost to prominent in the room
The piece of Nils Frahm was very much liked by the demo guy, and he was not accepting a change when a colleague wanted to change to another song, so we heard the full 9 plus minutes, which wasn’t as such a punishment…

1 Like

I again heard the Ozone Percussion Group, and it again sounded very well, while not being so raw as earlier during the show…

Bert, very much appreciated contribution: top! Just discovered a couple of interesting new pearls … thanks a lot!

Before the Seta demo I also had a demo of Bowers & Wilkins. They had the 702 speakers at display with a Rotel R6000 amplifier. The person doing the demo does this already for a longer time and it’s very pleasant to listen to him…, it’s like he invites you in his living room and just wants to listen music with us….
The concept of the demo was to give us different listening situations with different type of room acoustics and it worked and was a interesting way of combining the music. First Peggy Lee with the Elvis song Fever in a dry studio context. Then Pogerlich in a large empty concert hall and ending with Diane Krall.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.