Higher rate of Tidal files than Qobuz?

well…it is a matter of perspective…

A mobile phone is not a really supposed to be a hi-fi source…

Is your RME a portable device?

Chord specializes in transient accuracy. other dacs sound soft to me, you pays your money and choose what you want.

No RME is desktop just using it as an example of no input being lesser than the other, which with achire it is I want something that works on the go with the devices it’s meant to work with , that’s why I ditched the Mojo, that and I didn’t like the sound.

so the mojo works fine for me for portable usage, for serious listening I use an android mobile without a sim and with wi-fi turned off… quite easy… :grin:

What’s serious listening ? I just listen to music nothing serious about it, it’s fun. I never understand this term at all. Along with critical listening.

1 Like

Critical listening means you stroke your chin while listening.

1 Like

I stroke my beard all the time, does that count?

Sorry - now I’m trolling my own thread!

I have a burst of lockdown fever.

Agree on that, I find that expression a bit pedantic. The same for saying that the best music is generally sad.
You listen to music, bare. Or you are reading or cooking, with background music, which is not really listening to music.

Correct, it would adjust its DSP and reconstruction filter depending on whether it’s native PCM or MQA.
I believe the DSP/ MQA final decode coding is under taken using a Microchip PIC32MX274 which is a micro controller programmable DSP Engine … which then passes the processed stream, probably in i2s to the ESS ES9038Q2M chip.

I agree but not the last part. I can happily listen to music when doing other things. It doesnt have to be just the only thing your doing to enjoy it. If so I think your missing the point. . Life would be very dull otherwise if you just purely listened to music and did nothing else whilst that happens. I can appreciate it listening on anything at anytime and whilst doing something else it does not depreciate it in any way.

Yes of course, but the listening is not so immersive, at least for me, if I do something else.
But we are all different.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.