Higher sound quality

Fair enough but, no offense, good as it is, it’s, y’know, an Atom…

Not quite sure what “it’s y’know an Atom” means. But the SQ improvement listening to Qobuz HD streaming is even more marked on the main (Auralic/ATC) system in my lounge.

Roger

1 Like

It’s, I know, an Atom.
You can thanks the frenchy for that english lesson :laughing:

Atoms are quite small…but beautifully formed.

May I ask - what is an NDXPS (in your profile)?

Oops. Should read XP5XS but just at the moment I can’t figure out how to edit the thing…

Phew - I thought you’d invented a new component.

Can Roon improve streaming to DSD 2.8MHz format even on CD (16/44.1)?

You may want to check out the Roon DSP. One of its features is to convert/upsample 16/44.1 to DSD 512/256/128 or 64.

Does anyone have experience and settings at Roon for the enhancement process?

He has a knack for that. I tend to have him act as my muse when I want to seem smart. lol

1 Like

What this means is “Although it’s good, it’s only an Atom, so don’t expect too much”

Best

David

Not quite my reading, but there you are.

Roger

It was how it came across to me. How did you interpret it? (Your previous post had suggested you didn’t know what to make of it.)

I don’t really want to rehash a past debate, but context is everything and the context was a discussion of the merits of the various tiers of streaming offered by Qobuz. In particular the claim that CD quality is superior to HiFi Quality. I didn’t hear this on either of my systems and said so. I was puzzled by the reply: if I could hear that on many albums Qobuz HR quality was better than CD quality even on my office system, I could not see why it was significant that it used an Atom. One might expect that on a higher end system the improvement would be even greater. Indeed that is borne out by my main system.

Anyway, I think that’s enough thread diversion.

Roger

It wasn’t the original debate I was querying, but you saying that davidhendon’s interpretation of the statement wasn’t quite yours, when it was exactly mine (yes, and I mean in the context of the original). That is not saying I agreed with the original statement in its context, just puzzling over what other interpretation there might be of that particular interjection. But it is not important.

Wow that’s quite a post… I had to parse it a few times :grinning:

4 Likes

Wow; I guess I shouldn’t have taken it for granted that the Naim Uniti Atom could play TIDAL Master tracks with it’s built-in TIDAL app! Product descriptions certainly didn’t tell me that! That’s the whole (well, at least, main) reason I bought it. That sucks because I don’t really want to change streaming apps since I have a huge collection of artists, albums, and tracks built up in TIDAL. And, I’m very disappointed in the Naim app for my Samsung S8 (Android). It’s slow, at best, and freezes for five, even ten seconds at a time. Not even worth it to me to use it; especially since it doesn’t gain me full MQA! So, I end up using the TIDAL app on my phone and Chromecasting to the Uniti Atom. Sounds good, but I’m still disappointed I don’t currently have a way to play in MQA.

1 Like

There is lots of information on the Forum about this so do have a search. However, if you are committed to Tidal and want MQA on your Atom then have a look at using Roon

3 Likes

Your not going to get the full MQA experience with Naim at this point even when using software that will perform the first MQA unfold. To get the best from it you need both a decoder and renderer either as streamer/DAC combo feeding an amp or an all in one that supports it. Naim have never advertised they support MQA so perhaps research before you took the plunge would have been more prudent. Lots of systems support Tidal but not MQA for many reasons. If it’s important to you to have MQA then I would look at the NAD M10 as its fully MQA ready and similar specced to the Atom.