Hip Hop and Modern R&B thread

My first foray into this great thread. I live in Canberra, Australia and meeting anyone here who’s into quality Soul Music is a rare thing!
Nice to get advice on records to get.

Here’s 3 albums that are on my favourite list.

image image image

2 Likes

Superb Chief, a great song.

Keep em coming.

Cheers

Fat Freddy’s Drop are a great band. Have you listened to the rest of their releases?

Cheers

Yeah, I’ve got all their albums, haven’t seen them live though - they’re meant to be fantastic live.

I like this Chief, what a great voice!!!

Cheers

1 Like

Love Jill Scott. I’ve see her perform in London at Shepherd’s Bush twice in the past - a fantastic experience both times. I wish she would come back…

2 Likes

Nice one Richard, would love to see her live, I’m pretty sure she’s not come to Oz.

1 Like

Might be the right place, but maybe not.

Cheers

2 Likes

Great reviews for the new Raphael Saadiq album.

His last, Stone Rollin’ is a fav of mine.

Looking forward to having a listen.

1 Like

image image

What a great album. SZA - Ctrl

Cheers

2 Likes

And this one isn’t bad either. Kendrick Lamar - Black Panther.

Cheers

1 Like

FKA Twigs - Magdalene

Bought this today. A cracking album and a little more accessible than her first.

Cheers

3 Likes

From the Walking Deads ?

Certainly looks like it or maybe just a big night out :blush:

1 Like

download
Great album, turn it up and relax

1 Like

I’m not sure what genre The Weeknd falls under? Amazing album, my go to when it’s been a rough day
download%20(1)

1 Like

There are some amazing tracks on the album, this was my introduction to RTJ and I’ve not moved onto any of their other stuff yet. Love the heavy bass!

1 Like

ChiefChirpa I can honestly say I’m excited for you to listen to the album. I’m a whole album listener, sometimes a track skipper, but never on this album. Going to get the above album, I’ve never seen it before. I’m terrible at finding other albums people have done, not really an internet person so I tend to only get what I see in the shops

1 Like

Loving this !!! Hard to pin down as any particular genre (R&B, Soul, Hip Hop) They have been the backing group for Chance.

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment - Surf

Cheers

2 Likes