šŸ”„ Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot

i made a sauna at the end of the day. Despite very hot day today it regenarates me.

I know exactly what he is talking about. A lot, & I mean a huge number, of migrant workers from places like the Asian sub continent, Philippeans & Africa work for peanuts. The money they get is good in their homeland terms, but small change for the people they work for. And in some cases the working terms & conditions are exploited.

i understand better now. In french we call them Ā« ouvriers non qualifiĆ©s Ā« . They do the hardest physical job and are paid the minimum.
But i believe that the majority of people in Arabia, Dubaiā€¦are not living, working or having fun outside climatized rooms, buildings, carsā€¦
At least i believeā€¦

Been in UzĆØs where it was well into the high 30s most of last week, travelled to Avignon for a day trip on Thursday, it was 42, too hot to do anything. Luckily weā€™re now in Nice where itā€™s a 33+.

2 Likes

I was driving across France yesterdayā€¦ and those very hot temperatures do seem to varyā€¦ certainly not universalā€¦ and Wednesday was hotter in some parts according to my thermometerā€¦ but yes it was the towns that were the scorchersā€¦ the woodlands, countryside and rivers often being several degrees cooler, sometimes as much as 10 degrees cooler.

But back into relatively cool Blighty :grinning:. where someone in my village lit a fire in his grateā€¦ complaining about where is this effing heatwave supposed to beā€¦ I must admitā€¦ itā€™s cooler, but not that cool :grinning:

I love that heat that you get in places like Death Valley (I experienced 50c on Artists Drive near Zabriske Point). Itā€™s not focused from the sun but you feel it all round from below, above and from the side.

Always makes me think of Hudson Ford - Burn Baby Burn.

Have to agree on that, it gives a good experience of whats possible with dry air heat. Last time I was there it was around 120-125ā€™F (48-51ā€™C) & was easy to get on with (within reason). However it was quite a shock for my wife in the hotel pool, getting into that lovely warm water was super, but getting out & having the water evaporating off the skin as such a rate is freezing - for about 1 minute - then is was back to hot hot hot again.
Iā€™m used to it in the mideast, particularly in places like Riyadh that are some distance away from the humidity of the sea, but nothing like it was at Death Valley

2 Likes

Having scrambled eggs with lots of chopped birds eye chilli for breakfast was a good way to start the day when I had a holiday in Thailand the other year.
Drinking lots of margaritas helped deal with Vegas recently.

1 Like

@frenchrooster, Iā€™ve been to Paris 3 times before, however this is the first time weā€™ve ever toured the county side. Itā€™s beautiful Mrs Pete the painter and I have really enjoyed it, UzĆØs was spectacular and we will return. The heat although extreme has been a welcome relief from a Southern Hemisphere winter. The French people have been very accomodating. Via la France :fr:

4 Likes

I remember driving through Death Valley after it had rainedā€¦ a truly beautiful sight with the valley filled with short lived blossoms; however the temp was around 120 to 130 degrees F, plus exceedingly humidā€¦ it was so unbearable we all started laughing and ran between our dormobile where we were huddled under one of its air con units into a air conditioned roadside cafe/garageā€¦

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:And 18.30 today,.plays Swedenā€™s Ladies quarter-finals in football World Cup against Germany.
An exciting evening in this warm France.

/Peder :fire:

I am glad you enjoy. All this area with mountains is marvelous. Montpellier sea cost is not so fun as the cĆ“te dā€™azur for me. All these little villages near NĆ®mes are wonderful, as the south in general.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,ā€¦I fully agree with you about this.

/PederšŸ™‚

1 Like

the record today in France: Gallargues-le-montueux: 45,8 C

1 Like

On Wednesday it was just under 45 degrees centigrade by the roadside in Beynac-et-Cazenac and massively humid because of the river and heavy rainfall earlier in the weekā€¦ however was just about bearable in the shadeā€¦ or on top of the chateau.

3 Likes

you were there?

Yes, quite beautifulā€¦ bit of a hard climb to the top though in the heat.

1 Like

had you swimming in the river you were talking about?

The Dordogne river?
Noā€¦ there were several kayaking howeverā€¦ all too energetic for us after we had climbed up to the chateau, so we found a bar at the top that was quite breezy and quaffed a few drinks whilst watching the world go by.

Hope it cools down before I go to the Aude in August.