House shaking BASS

I’ll get my coat…

Put a man pon de spot why dont ya! :joy:
Run the track!

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Sorry all, dunno why sharing single tracks from Tidal hogs so much space in the posts

@Dreadatthecontrols

It’s your riddim-deep love, man… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@dave-marshall

1 Like

OK Dread, that’s enough for the OP to be going on with! :rofl:

LOL.

Nice selections!

1 Like

20200910_130523 You got me started, just when I was starting to enjoy myself!
Anyone see where I put my pipe…and coat

2 Likes

I was going to post Super Ape, but can’t remember how deep the bass goes. It’s been awhile since I played it…must rectify that.

PS…@Dreadatthecontrols, you’re right, my fault!

2 Likes

It wont be the first time I’ve been invited to do a guest set then prematurely asked to leave!
:rofl::+1:

1 Like

Funnily enough a friend came over at the weekend who’s not particularly into Reggae and asked about Lee Perry. I played Super Ape and we all got a bit “red”. Its not a particularly bass heavy record more kind of psychedelic and cerebral.
Some of the older traditional dub King Tubby etc is great but doesn’t sound particularly “heavy” on a domestic HiFi. For subwoofer challenging low frequencies I look more to the contemporary “digital” dub and Jungle and some of the early nascent Dancehall examples of which I overstayed my welcome with earlier :joy:

2 Likes

Some interesting stuff here…

Taxi for Dread…!

1 Like

Nuff of the dub. How about treating your sub to some Tuba action…

3 Likes

This track is one I have in the mix I’ve used for testing hi fi since I started shopping for my first Naim - my Nait XS2. The salesman at the local shop had made the mix, and copied it for me. When you’ve heard the tracks dozens of times, they tell you what’s what. This is a good one.

1 Like

Donald Fagen, Morph the Cat , title track.

1 Like

Melt from the same album is wonderful too. It should feel like something is literally bubbling up through the floorboards and shaking the walls.

1 Like