How do I connect Bravia/SN3?

Not familiar with ndx, is there a optical 2 input you can try?

Aye, there are 4 digital inputs but Iā€™ve had to order another cable as itā€™s too short, too much tension I think between the tv and streamer. Going to try again tomorrow.

Ok. The union between the toslink plug and socket needs to be perfect with no light ingress.
Perhaps the tension is causing the plug to not seat correctly in the socket.

Aye, will give it another go tomorrow and let you know. Cheers!

1 Like

You do realize there are little rubbery caps on the ends of the toslink that need to be removed.

1 Like

Check you have activated the Digital 1 input on the NDX2 through the app.

1 Like

Yep, did that.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found with various bits of TV equipment plugged into sound systems and sound bars that the TV volume has to be up or down. Even now through sound bar, our humax box controls the sound, but the Sony TV uses the sound bar remote.
Confuses the hell out of us.

1 Like

We have our Panasonic TV connected via an optical lead to our NDX2. The TV is set to PCM and the internal speakers are set to off. We just simply enabled the relevant NDX2 input and called it TV, and it works like a dream. Using system automation the TV can be selected via the NDX2 remote or via the app. It should ā€˜just workā€™.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have another go when the longer cable arrives but yes, I thought it would just work as well but no luck as yet.

Hmm, checked my app settings and I have system automation turned off. Does this need to be on? I only have two inputs to my SN3; NDX2 and LP12 and most of the time Iā€™m just streaming Tidal (or 6 Music) which I control from the app. Vol mode is set to variable so I can control it using the NDX2 remote.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

With the cable connected to the TV, can you see a red light coming out the end of the plug that would go into your streamer?

Yep, saw that last night.

Yes, if the appropriate input has been enabled on the NDX2 by the OP then this setting on the TV may have been missed. Not all TVs will output signals via the optical output if the internal TV speakers are still enabled.

Changing system automation wonā€™t affect the ability to play the TV. But, and itā€™s a big but, using the variable volume on the NDX2 wonā€™t give best SQ. Get yourself a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable - mine cost Ā£1.29 from eBay and set up system automation. You can then control the volume from the NDX2 remote or the app for all sources.

1 Like

If thatā€™s the case I suspect you are using an unenabled input. Iā€™d check and double check.

Played with the speaker settings last night and switched between ā€˜TV speakersā€™ and ā€˜Audio systemā€™ but nothing.

Nope, definitely enabled on the app.

Do you have any other device with an optical out? DVD player or sky box or similar?

Very strange - so when you select that input and the TV is on, what do you see on the NDX2 screen ? If itā€™s locking to anything youā€™ll see it pop up the sample rate.

Anything else you can try - Virgin box, Sky box etc to check the optical input on the NDX2 ?

Edit - just seen Neil recommends the same thing.