How do you burn in your new Naim?

For your system it’s 3.5mm jack both ends. It’s the separate preamps that use RCA.

1 Like

Same here. I’d spend maybe an hour each month retightening, cleaning the LP12 belt & surfaces. etc. These days, I’ll do that at most once a quarter, and strip down and rebuild everything once a year.

I still find that turning everything off for a couple of minutes then back on again is worth doing. It takes a few minutes once a month, and the SQ improvement is noticeable.

That’s interesting.All good housekeeping!

i’m a little puzzled how my brand new Nova & 250DR sound better out of the box than the Nova and 250DR I was borrowing (both 2018) and already burned-in? Has Naim recently started removing the “burn-in” units from the newer models?

The new Firmware has brought quite a nice lift in sound quality, so that might explain it if th borrowed version was on earlier firmware.

…I performed the upgrade to latest Firmware on the borrowed Nova so cant be that. Maybe Naim are continually tweaking their products to improve performance. If so its a nice touch, and a canny marketing ploy in that is there s SQ difference to be taken into account when looking at ex-dem vs. new?

1 Like

…now I feel daft, both my Nova and 250DR seem to have gone off song (and worse than the ones I borrowed while waiting for new arrivals) after about 8-10 hours of playing. Any thoughts on how many hours to fully burn-in both the above? Is leaving the Nova on standby considered to be “on” or do you need to actually leave it on all the time?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.