How good are the standard Naim cables

Good to know, thank you. I will try and get a price.

See

1 Like

Yes they do, their retail price list has one.

May be worth contacting your dealer.

DG…

2 Likes

Many thanks :+1:

Thanks so much for this. I will contact my dealer, probably will go to Grahams Hifi or Tom Tom Audio :+1:

1 Like

It’s even more interconnected then. Phil ex phonography which morphed into Winchester hifi and now run by Andy was co creator of isoblue (and that’s now owned/distributed by Andy) and also sally “chord cables” is his sister in law or something like that (partner of Angela Kennedy sister of Sally). And still plays table tennis alongside Paul s.

3 Likes

I can confirm one of those dealers is the dealer who supplied the set I bought recently :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want darker sound with slight reduction in treble energy and deep bass, the NACa5 will bring you to that direction. Do keep us posted if you happen to try the NACa5 with the 552/300.

2 Likes

Do the cables sound different or is it the electrical properties of the cables that loads the amp inputs/outputs that differ and make every amp sound different? In that case any review/advice you read on cables are useless as they hardly use the same equipment as you.

This would explain why different lengths of the same cable sound different.

2 Likes

Impossible to answer this. Some people believe cables sound different - others are less convinced. (Confirmation bias may be at play here.)
As to why - ? Crikey. My guess it that its mostly to do with changes in Capacitance which different cables can bring. Maybe…

2 Likes

This may not be the thread on which to start a conversation about static measurements versus transient signal.

Can we agree that the subject of why these boxes and wires sound like this and those boxes and wires sound like that to our ears is more complicated than it looks and not wholly understood?

This does not invalidate your comments, esp on confirmation biases, of course.

5 Likes

Abso-bloomin-lutely… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Really miss the old Phonography store in Ringwood where you could idle away a Saturday afternoon chatting with Phil and listen to his kit. On the plus side, he still fettles my LP12 whenever I get it done.

I did a shootout a few years back. The factory Naim cable held its own, it was very good. Fast forward, the supplied DIN5 with my Solstice sounded much better compared to older cables I had on hand.

Cables offer a way to “tune” your system. Only the very high-end Chord Music cables offered a big leap in performance. They are lovely but only worth the effort when the electronics have been maxed out.

13 Likes

Chord music has a locking ring and Sarum T don’t? The logic in that?

Don’t know… ask Chord.

I need to send mine back for the Alloy upgrade.

1 Like

My Sarum T has locking collar- it is current model.
I believe earlier Sarum Ts did not have the collar
I prefer the collar, when loosely applied it prevents the cable from sagging at connection.
David

2 Likes

Just my experience, but I have had great results with other cables from Tellurium, Witch Hat and Vertere.

I have tried a few different interconnects and speaker cables, either borrowing dealer demo cables or buying second hand from hifi forums and selling on if I didn’t get on with them. Well worth some experimentation.

2 Likes

By the way. I noticed Sarum Super aray have only 3 pins. This is the DIN DIN to use between sources, right? As I understand it they decided to remove 2 pins from the 5 pin 180 DIN and only use 3 pin 180 but fully compatible with a naim system?

Sarum-Tuned-ARAY-DIN

1 Like

Only 3 pins are connected.

4 Likes