How good is the ND555?

You can never please everyone i know and some have to try and argue at everything, its life and certainly doesn’t bother me.
Anyway back on topic as they say

3 Likes

Maybe just don’t call everyone stupid who doesn’t understand an ambiguous analogy the same way as you intended it

1 Like

Not sure if joking

1 Like

Turning the balance control each way = turning the steering wheel … :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I go google, I have the meaning of straight over your head : « We use this expression to say we have not understood something or we have misinterpreted a situation because it is too difficult to understand
So I am not sure @Dunc was insulting people, because the analogy was absolutely not difficult to understand.
I would more say the analogy was a bit weird. With a bad car, where suspension is poor, you can feel the road in your back more intensely than with a Porsche.

Didn’t call anyone stupid, thanks.

Just because someone doesn’t get something, that doesn’t mean they are stupid.

In the UK, the term" over ones head" is often used and is an old saying really.
Its not ment to be offensive, but then in these days, you cannot say anything without offending someone

6 Likes

Collins dictionary

over one’s head

a. beyond one’s comprehension, ability, or resources

Molehill, mountain, I know.
I was only saying that if you use an analogy and people don’t get it, it’s not necessarily because it went over their head. It could also be because your analogy wasn’t that great or unambiguous, and I gave you the feedback that in this case it was not clear at least to me what your point was with the comparison. No reason to get defensive about it

I haven’t got defensive about it, as me getting defensive is certainly much worse than this lol.
Anyway i think we all get it now, dont we.

Anyway back on topic the nd555 is ok, but you can do better, thats my take on it once again. Lol

Hey Dunc
You can do better than your Rossini
APEX it😆

Best
Gregg

2 Likes

Yes, to continue the car analogy, the apex in the dac would correspond to the apex of a corner being negotiated by the car … I’m beginning to understand.

To use Dunc’s analogy, that would be the GT4RS

Its booked in don’t worry and looking forward to the upgrade in quality.
Plus there’s the vivaldi if you want obviously as well

I wish a gt4RS only the very select get offered them.
But what a tool it is, can only dream.

APEX was my biggest upgrade after 25 years on this merry go round
Best
Gregg

I knew exactly what you meant. On the topic, the ND555 is okay, but I moved up in the world to a Rossini Apex/Vivaldi clock, which is much better (albeit more expensive).

Well, I’m pleased you at least found the ND555 to be “okay”…

11 Likes

Is was a bit of a “tongue in cheek” comment, to go with my “over the head one”, thats why i added the lol, lol.

But as i said already on this thread, its still a good source, just lagging a bit behind now as things have moved on quite a bit and continues to do so in this sector.
Standing still is being left behind as i am sure everyone would like to see a new and better streamer/dac from naim, as why wouldn’t you.

If they had a new one coming out, or we got wind of a new one coming very soon, i would have held off getting my dCS upgraded, but nothing and so booked it in and can’t really see me coming back to naim for a streamer/dac now.
But on a positive i can’t see myself selling my 500/552dr combo, unless downsizing or we get a 500 plus integrated, or my superline. So not all bad really.

Would you sell your Thales and get the Solstice ?

Not a chance, it would be a big step down especially now.