How long do you sit there and listen?

I play music pretty much all of the day from 8.30am onwards, whether via Muso, Car system , Astell Kern or main system. Proper sit down listening is approx 2-3 hours per day, except weekends where family are at home and footie is on the TV :grinning:

1 Like

Such a short time seems very unusual, as borne out by responses in this thread. So, what is it that keeps you from being drawn into the music when you sit down to listen, only lasting that long before you ”bounce”? Does bounce mean leap out of your seat because a) it’s tiring, b) it’s boring, c) it’s so loud your ears hurt, d) nature calls, e) you’ve ants in your pants? Or something else?

My listening sessions became longer and more frequent about 6 months ago after a system upgrade. Initially I thought that it was due to the honeymoon effect but I am still listening for longer. Is this due to my previous system producing fatigue (but not recognising it as such) or that the better quality sound that I now have is just more enjoyable? I don’t know the answer but I do know that I’m enjoying my music more than ever before.

3 Likes

I generally listen to at least 3 to 4 albums a day. Like a lot here I’m an album kind of guy and play from start to finish I very rarely play tracks.

Last few weeks family issues and a few days away meant I haven’t played anything for well over a week. Had planned to sit and listen day but now off for a 500k round trip to visit my mother.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.