How long have you been waiting for the orderings?

Upgraded from a 282. I’m sure Naim have a good reason for any delays. The 282 comes with a seperate power supply (NAPSC) for the digital section, so maybe there are delays with that.

1 Like

I’m in the USA and have been waiting on a nap200dr since 12/02/2020 :pensive:

A month I would still accept, but I will probably cancel mine if it goes beyond 6-7 weeks. Was told 3-4.

As I said earlier in the thread, the covid situation has created a combination of factors; very high demand combined with certain parts in very short supply, and logistical issues right across the world. Naim will do their best for their customers, and just ask for patience as the parts and logistical issues are affecting everyone in the industry right now.

4 Likes

Unfortunately we are in a global pandemic from which even the most entitled Naim owners are not exempt. Things take the time they take. You could cancel an order or simply wait like everyone else.

2 Likes

Thanks for stating what I’d effectively already said. Those exact options were mentioned, and in addition, where for me, the crossover point was. Not sure what you’re trying to add.

I appreciate all of that - but an idea of a delivery date three months after placing an order and paying a deposit would be nice.

Unfortunately I can’t help you there. Only your dealer or distributor can advise on that.

I am feeling so smart :smiley:

I’m guessing that if his dealer could he wouldn’t be posting this here… Although maybe I shouldn’t assume.

You’re spot on there. He’s getting as frustrated as me now because he can’t get any useful response either.
I was very patient for the first 10 weeks - and I still appreciate that these are unprecedented times - but the fact that Naim still won’t give me any idea of a delivery date after 2 further weeks of asking suggests that it’s still some way off.
If they said it’s going to be another 6 weeks (or whatever), I could probably live with that but I think that the silence is a very poor show.

1 Like

Is there anyone received your items?

I finally received my nap200dr :grin:

I sent in a 500 for upgrade to DR and service in early January. I received this back about 2 weeks ago.

Frustrating wait but boy was it worth it ! :grinning:

1 Like

I have been waiting for my 555PS DR since early February. Vey frustrating! :frowning:

Been waiting since January for ND5XS2 :slightly_frowning_face: Fortunately I still have my dealers demo one :grinning:

I placed an order on a brand new Burndy cable at the beginning of March, paid full (today’s) price for it, only to receive it a few days ago - date on the box is over 8 years old! This thing has rigor-mortis! I’ve tried wrestling with it (like a scene from a Indiana Jones film), this thing will not play ball at all, even rolling around on the floor with it, almost causing me divorce. Not happy. Sounds bloody good though! :eyes: :thinking:

2 Likes

Why would it take so long to send you something that has been in stock for 8 years? Bit naughty that. And having to pay today’s price rather than 2013’s?

1 Like

Yes it is naughty. A dealer i’ve used on a few occasions too, and only recently. Ignored my e-mails too. People are weird. This pandemic has made a lot of people very greedy. SWMBO is on the case, i would not want to be in their shoes. :rofl:

1 Like

I am looking and listening at an SL cable on loan from my dealer and expect to place an order this week. My dealer is unable to give even an approximate delivery date apart from it “should be weeks while boxes may be months”. In other words its pretty much unknown. Working from home parts supplies etc.
I am sure it will be worth the wait in the end.