How long till Naim embraces immersive surround sound... again

I believe the AV2 was an add on to an existing stereo system.

1 Like

Maybe we need some insider knowledge…
Ahem… @Naim.Marketing

I cant see it happening.
Clare wont/cant answer.

We compared Star Wars in surround vs 2.0 setup. And surround won by quite a margin. The AV2 was defo the star gelling the stuff together.

I enjoy amazing surround sound from my system. I just use the AV throughput on my Naim amplification, so Naim is still powering the front left/right speakers and my [brand redacted] AV receiver is driving the centre, surrounds and rears. Simple.

1 Like

And if you want to build a reference-class system:

1 Like

This made it for us the ideal compromise. We all love watching movies of course, but personally I also love to watch the Berliner Philharmoniker via the digital concert hall on the rare moments of silence. Somehow it is a very nice experience.

The AV2 also has the typical naim quirks / idiosyncrasies which makes me loving it. Almost the entire AV2 can be configured with 2 buttons and a volume dial. Hats of to that.

The din connections ensures that no nasty ground loops occur.

But I can. And have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That kind of flexibility does make it a lot more attractive indeed!

Hi @Naim.Marketing, thank you for your input.
I’d really love to keep my system all Naim, what’s the chance? Just the A side not too bothered with the V.

At £20k I guess Naim are supplying the amplification. :smirk:

0.0 I’d guess

That’s exactly the point, keeping the Naim sound throughout the entire system.

I think Naim can make a more consumer friendly high end unit.

It certainly isn’t affordable, and will be too frighteningly complex for most people – it demands a professional setup - Steve Withers.

I know there are some tweakers here but that “beast” takes the biscuit.

So if Focal are doing amplifiers, can Naim do more speakers (DBL update)?

1 Like

Ah, but are they…
Conspiracy theorists sign up here.

Had a quick look and wow.

Usability and accessibility should not be optional extras in a system. The more cash I throw at something the better the user experience should be. Granted, it seems this option is marketed to those who know what to do already. But the system this thread is talking about should be accessible to the same crowd who uses any level of Naim product.

4 Statement power amps or 6 NAP 500s into 4 DBLs? (For quadraphonic)

1 Like

Yes please!