How many defective 552 units is Naim going to send me?

My dealer does exactly this!

4 Likes

Coincidentally, it was a firmware issue - speaker pop that led me to this forum some 2.5 months ago. I have since learnt a lot from everyone, hifi and beyond, found huge amount of music suggestions and became a beta tester. I guess a bad situation could open up new opportunities too.

2 Likes

Yes, the problem is me. I think I need counseling. :pleading_face:

My Naim dealer did offer to solder the speaker plugs on the cable for me. I rejected the idea straightaway think what an absurd idea at the time. Only from this forum I realise this service can be expected from dealer!

2 Likes

Off topic and unrelated to Naimā€™s quality control. So often I see 6 sigma and agile or lean six sigma. But in practice, the term that too frequently trumps them all is MVP (minimum viable product). And often it is not even a viable product.

1 Like

Has the question been asked as to whether this is a coincidence then? Could this be a power issue for example?

Out of interest, does anyone know how many 552s are manufactured each year?

I think only Naim could answer both questions.

1 Like

But surely Naim should be monitoring this thread and be able to provide an instant answer to any question raised? They have plenty of time while travelling to peopleā€™s houses to provide TLC, home set up and instant fault rectification. Come to think of it, why arenā€™t they cleaning the houses and cooking the meals of anyone who experiences a problem with a Naim product? Itā€™s really not good enough.

3 Likes

Like your thinking. They can pop around to mine, Iā€™ll talk them through the screen, sorry often ā€œblank screenā€ issues with my ndx2.

And no, the screen is not turned off. Its set to display album art.

If Naim are planning to offer a home cleaning service sign me up, once they have collected my Naim pixie dust maybe they could share this with other Naim households, spread the love :heart:

1 Like

Mine does that sometimes. I find the olā€™ swicheroo off and on works (aka the IT helpdesk special).

1 Like

Its what I have to do with mine. It does get annoying having to turn off and on. Especially when Naim advise to leave them on.

Trust me, the qa team at the factory is doing exactly this and nothing else, in partnership with all depts such as r&d, supply chain, production and test.

The plural of anecdote is not evidence and two consecutive allegedly defective products is an indicator of random distribution at its finest rather than a fall in standards or the universe conspiring. Itā€™s also potentially an indicator of an issue elsewhere.

4 Likes

That is true however its an assumption until evidence is presentedā€¦

For a unit thatā€™s Ā£20k this doesnā€™t sound to good does it. Also @thijazi & @Dunc seem to also have had problems with their 552ā€™s ?

I am a member here since 2015. I have never read so many complaints about new Naim components as since maybe 1 year.
Itā€™s more than anecdotic. Specially since the new streamers , some have returned many times their Nova, Nd555 ( 3 or 4 members has a second one)ā€¦and even preamps ( 552), 252 on other thread.
Screen freezes, relay , network / app problemsā€¦
Itā€™s an evidence, something is not as before.

6 Likes

Do we know the about the number of active forum users (and with new gear) during this time?

Sorry Suedkiez, I donā€™t understand what you try to say. Can you explain ?
Because the complaints can come from active or casual members.

My 552, was not new, it was serviced and came back with a sticking relay, that prevented any sound on the left channel, a known fault.
But it was quickly sorted, and has been working fine since Iā€™ve had it back

1 Like