How old do you feel mentally? (Sister thread to “How young are you?”)

This is a sister thread to the “How young are you?” thread, in which I posted this paragraph:

I have felt the same inside ever since I was 18 - by that I mean mentally I still feel as if I am 18. I don’t mean I necessarily behave as if I am 18. As time passed I always felt the same inside, but assumed it was just me. Then when I was in my mid fifties chronologically I was chatting with my mum who would have been 80-ish, when she said she felt about 21 inside, and had done since she was 21. Discussing it then with my wife she felt similarly - leading me to conclude that everyone has an age that when they reach it is “their” age mentally, no matter what their physical age may be. Speaking to others since I have found that for most people it is in the range 18-25.

Or maybe the people I’ve discussed with and I are the oddities, and you feel the same inside as your date of birth reminds you are outside.

So, how old do you feel inside? If that has changed over your adult life, it would be interesting to learn that as well.

• Pre-teen
  • 13-15
  • 16-17
  • 18-19
  • 20-21
  • 22-23
  • 24-25
  • 26-28
  • 29-30
  • 31-34
  • 35-39
  • 40-49
  • 50-59
  • 60-69
  • 70-79
  • 80-89
  • 90+

0 voters

I’m 46 but my wife says I’m a child.

3 Likes

Quite impossible to respond. It depends on moments, mood, which activity…with which persons we are , …
Sometimes I feel much younger, sometimes I feel I am my age. But however never older than I am.
Can’t vote for these reasons.

1 Like

I’m 66 and Mrs Pete has confirmed that our grandkids are more mature than me, I told her she was wrong kicked one of Diesels toys across the room and stormed out.

6 Likes

I feel a younger woman… Mrs Mike, but only by 3 years.

I’m pretty sure there’s a law against that.

1 Like

You and Mike_S are in very deep trouble

1 Like

I’ll take that as a compliment.

excellent response :+1:

Mike only added the bit about Mrs Mike after I’d posted my response

1 Like

Some mornings I feel like I am well over 100 but most of the time I would say that feel like I am in my early 30s still and wonder why I physically can’t still do what I did then.

One benefit of my fatigue-induced lethargy and exhaustion is that it has forced me to think about what is most important and to try to manage my limited resource better so I can do the things that are important to me and the essential stuff whilst leaving the stuff that doesn’t need doing undone. Not always successful but getting more so, so maybe I am finally growing into being a balanced adult.

1 Like

I feel a younger woman, my wife feels like she has a toyboy… (My wife is younger physically but feels older mentally!)

1 Like

Well, Miss Mike turned 13 a few days ago and I certainly have days wishing I was that old with the fun and not the responsibly of providing for a family. If I’m tired, I feel my actual age (54), but mostly my mindset is quite young but with a sense of mature indifference to worldly stuff.

1 Like

Struggling with how to answer this, too many factors to consider imho

I used to say early 20’s; now early 30’s seems more realistic.
Of course, there are times when physical ailments infringe upon my perceived age.

When I’m half-thinking about when something happened I find I calculate from me being 28. I once read a study that said most people’s default age is 27-28.

So far 26-28 and 31-34 level pegging, though oddly no-one in 29-30. But not enough votes yet to be at all meaningful.

How to rate and measure jokes. Good luck :joy::joy:

Have I missed something? I’m not sure what you’re referring to?

Nothing as being really important.