How reliable is Naim gear

Great responses thanks guys

I noticed today that my 2012 NDX has started to turn purple around some of the edges :scream: - although not something I’m going to get stressed about. Still sounds the same and planning to change it early next year.

Is it deep purple or more like a purple haze?

Sorry, it’s Friday after all :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m a relative newb, only powered up for 2.5 years. Had a minor issue with my SN3 with new; dealer completely handled it right off the bat (great dealers are vital!). Been making beautiful music, daily, ever since.

Couldn’t resist a bit of Purple.

2 Likes

Very reliable , it wears out ( as do most things, including my knee) but they can service the vast majority of the products made

1 Like

Have had the 90/90/72/150/Chrome250/Nait5italic/Flatcap/Hicap/HicapDR/NAP150X/172/272/NAP200/NAP140/XPSDR/250.2/282/252/SupercapDR and NC250 over the years. Only fault was with the NAC172 Streaming Board which was replaced for free.

And a good thing for us old blokes they can now service your knee. :grin:

1 Like

Huh? Has Naim started serving knees as well? That’s what I call service! :smile:

1 Like

My dealers that good he probably would. :rofl::rofl:

:+1::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Stop crawling and the knees should get better :rofl:

I’m an ex carpet installer and crawling (groveling) around on your knees all day was my job.

Sorry Pete couldn’t resist and had to correct myself twice. Yes I can see that some suffering from “metiers pénible” does us all in in the end :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

No need to be sorry, it’s all in good humour. :+1:

Really, some people would say not one of my strong points :joy:

1 Like

How often is maintenance required in your view?

I’ve serviced a few items over the years, suggested periods vary by equipment though I think there’s a wealth of experience on here about the normal service times for most items

A couple of my more recent purchases were a freshly serviced 52 and some 20 year old 135s that had no history, the power amp service definitely made a worthy difference

1 Like

From the Forum FAQ’s -

:neutral_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.