How secure is this naim community?

Well, he’d have his hands full with an 808 under each arm!

1 Like

The forum gives great info for identifying targets. You can look at system details and figure out how rich they are and how gullible.

Unless it’s being stolen to order (big business these days, so I’m told), a Naim rig would only be of value to such a vanishingly small percentage of the population as to make it completely not worth the thief’s bother, as @Alley_Cat’s unfortunate first-hand experience showed.

It’s no reason to be reckless, obviously, but equally it’s not worth getting paranoid and fearful about.

Mark

2 Likes

I agree with you. I think someone could pretty easily find my address with what I post here and the help of Google. But it would take them a while. So I don’t worry about it much.

My main rule is not to post of when I’m on holiday at the time that I am away, so I do it after we get back if appropriate.

All one needs to do is post photos with a couple of photoshopped Rottweilers to one side of their system relaxing to the sonic quality of the music, and causally mention the need to keep the dogs inside due to behaving bit aggressive with strangers.

…actually, i think this has been done already :thinking:

4 Likes

It already has 2FA…

I know :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmmm… perhaps I should photoshop the ball out of the picture…

11 Likes

Unless that’s the ball of the house thief!

2 Likes

Why has he got a handle on his head?

2 Likes

Ha! BTW, he is a she…

Oops. Hope I didn’t hurt her feelings.

Don’t worry, I won’t tell her.

I hate 2FA on Apple’s phones. Resisted for ages.

I was trying to resurrect a much older phone to receive a text on that number and the iOS version is not 2FA aware. It took over a dozen attempts to try to login to iCloud using the workaround method and all the while my other iPhones, Macs and Mrs AC’s phone at work received 2FA authentication requests.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.