How stack 272 | XPS DR | 250 DR

In few days I will install the XPS DR in my system composed of 272 and 250 DR.
I have a full Fraim.
But I’m totally new to the burndy that will connect the 272 and the XPS DR.
I’m wondering if there is a best stack arrangement for avoiding interferences and allows the burndy to lay with limited “stress”.
Option 1: bottom-top, 250 DR | XPS DR | 272
Option 2: idem, XPS DR | 250 DR | 272
Or…
Side-by-side is not an option.
Thanks

my preference would be…

250 DR
XPS DR

3 Likes

That’s what I’d do too, though the Burndy will need to be tied in a loose knot to keep it off the floor. For optimum SQ, a spare shelf between the 250 and 272 is ideal.

There is a reason for order. The preamp streamer contains sensitive signal path stages ans should be at the top of your 3 box stack. 272 Top

Then the main amp should be above your power supply. So 250DR next followed by power supply XPSDR.

Hope this explains why as well.

1 Like

Ciao Nigel, happy to read you

1 Like

Thanks everyone, it seems everyone agrees on option 2.

1 Like

Enjoy the XPSDR!

We had that stack. The PSU improves the 272 a great deal.

FWIW, I have XPS DR at the bottom, then 272 and at the top NAP 250DR… But only because I use Naca5 as speaker cable…

That’s a lovely EMF sandwich :frowning_face:

See what you mean, but can it really matter? :thinking: I don’t have a Frame rack so the distance between the units is a good 15 centimeters if not more.

Yes. The transformers emit upwards/downwards the most so in theory you should benefit having the 272 on the top in such a setup. Or at the bottom. Not in between.

Personally, I don’t think it produces any audible effects, but unsworn is the best, just have to try it then :slightly_smiling_face:

Moving power supply out of the main box is an improvement. Putting them further apart as brains and brawn side by side is another improvement :blush:

1 Like

I have the 272 on the top shelf. Then empty shelf. then 250DR, and 555PS on bottom shelf.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.