How To .... a new category

@Richard.Dane
Can I suggest a new top-level category of How To … to include informational and guidance to users on various topics. It should be Naim supported and even prepared by Naim for user’s benefit in many cases.

Can I suggest a few initial topics:-
How To … add a custom radio URL (for 1st gen and later)
How to … when and how to get service for Naim equipment (including international customers)
How To … Search for a radio station and add as favourite (1st gen and later).
How To … Guide to streaming.

These and other topics regularly re-appear and definitive information would be beneficial.
It would answer the questions, avoid mis-information and this forum reinventing the wheel.

1 Like

Hi Paul, thanks for the suggestion. There’s an FAQ and I have asked for some additions from Naim but as with many things the people best able to contribute are also busiest, or the support pages of the website have been felt more appropriate as it can be directly managed by and from Naim.

Serious idea Paul, agreed; while it is logical perhaps it might take away some of the entertaining misposts. I raised a similar comment in a different thread, specifically regarding the following.
So maybe at least one addition to your list though

How to……establish a stable and reliable network - that would address some of the negative comments about aspects of the app!

on which of course the forum thrives. I’m reliably informed that Naim staff do follow posts, so a level of entertainment from those, likely exists.

edit - one further category imho

How to…use the search function!

Obviously if something is in the support pages then it potentially helps a wider group of customers, although I wonder how many actually even think of looking there.

The FAQ here has a sort of authentic Naim feel about it, largely because you manage it yourself Richard.

But I do think there may be a gap which pages authored by forum members and published with your say so or your veto, whichever you prefer, could fill. There is a whole lot of knowledge which some forum members have but which is largely unknown to or ignored by the wider forum membership. An example could be the legacy streamer remote pairing instructions that I posted earlier today, for the second time this month (based on a posting by Steve Hopkins to the last forum about 7 years ago and which I printed off at the time.)

The point would be that this wouldn’t be Naim-authorised, just information shared between members. I think it would need to be objective factual information and not opinion-based. So not is this better than that, but rather how can I solve this problem.

2 Likes

I think the best idea is that if anyone has something they wish to submit to the FAQ then they can submit it to me for consideration either via the Naim email or (better) via the flag function which allows them to then message me.

The ‘When’ is already covered on the Naim website -

How often should I service my Naim product? This is a question often asked, and the Service Department recommendations are as follows: for the Chrome Bumper (circa 1975 - 1989) and Olive (circa 1989 - 2000) range products, we recommend every 8 - 10 years and for the newer Black products (2000 - present), every 12 - 15 years.

It might be made a bit more ‘obvious’ though…

The intention is not to duplicate information - so the How To … could point to the relevant website resource.
Bases covered.

I have no problem with that. The info from Naim I posted is… quite well hidden. (I copied it out once I found it… As I couldn’t be sure I would remember where it was).

Given that people don’t read the instructions, even after they have hit problems (see many posts…), then a clear ‘pointer’ to the Service info gets my vote… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.