How to copy from a Uniti Core to iTunes?

How to copy from a Uniti Core to an iPod? Presumably via iTunes on a Windows PC

Yes, you would need to copy the files to a music folder that is accessible to iTunes, then sync it with the iPod. May be a problem with metadata if they are Core CD rips in WAV.

You will probably also need to change the file formats from FLAC or WAV to MP3 to avoid running out of storage in your iPod.

If you’ve ripped to WAV then you may have difficulty here as there will be no useable metadata. I rip to WAV on the Core and do a parallel rip in iTunes to ALAC so I can fill iPods etc…

Similar set up at home. Question, can you rip to ALAC and copy that file into Core. My understanding is that the ND5 XS2 plays Apple audio and as my main source is vinyl I wondered if it were possible to rip once and copy to core versus ripping twice. There may be a quality compromise between wav. and ALAC but no more than wav. and FLAC?

You can put a copy of your ALAC file into the Core downloads folder.
If you prefer a different format you can convert the Core copy to WAV, FLAC or whatever.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping you’d say. I’ll give it a go!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.