How to identify if a power supply has been serviced

And just because lol the 500dr
Love the gull wing doors and the detail in the door holder, just fantastic

4 Likes

Err wow👍

I’d say the 552 has not been serviced, the cap date code is 2015 and we’ve been using yellow tantalum capacitors for a few years now.

Regards
Neil.

Don’t that mean they got changed in 2015 or there abouts?

Year is first, so that is 2002, week 17. Not serviced…

552 looks original, not serviced…

Cheers darran
It looks like the 552 and its power supply is original, as i thought, looking back at the pics off the 552ps i think we got the date stamp the wrong way round and its not 2017, its week 17 and year is 2002

Just a timely reminder to anybody tempted to open up their boxes; if it’s under warranty - don’t. You will likely void any warranty by doing so. And if you still can’t resist opening up the box, please take adequate ESD precautions - at least wear a properly grounded strap on your body as most kit has chipsets on board that can easily be damaged by any electrostatic charge from your body. Such damage may not be immediate, but it will fail eventually days, months, or even years down the line.

You dint need to look inside now anyway, just look at my pics above lol.

But as Richard said you need to be careful and especially so with the 552, with its floating brass boards.
All my gear is out of warranty, i also have experience in removing the shells, plus its going off to be serviced next week, well the 552 and 552ps is, the 500ps not now, since i have removed the lid and seen its been done, so saved a few quid for now.

Would you also say the 552ps is also un serviced from the picture?
I think so, as i reckon the date stamp shows it, but would be nice if you could take a look, cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.