How well will a single 250DR drive SL2s?

Oh dear. That bit’s broken on mine :grimacing:

3 Likes

I can’t help thinking that the decision to stop making speakers was a missed opportunity resulting from poor marketing. When the hugely successful Uniti range was first released, Naim wound up their previous range of speakers, and their entry level speaker was the large, £4000 Ovator S400. There’s not a cat’s chance in hell that anyone with a Uniti or Unitiqute would consider such a thing.
I think Naim could have sold a version of the N-Sat, probably a little cheaper as it wouldn’t need the screening and the R&D was basically done already. I bet they could have sold stacks of them to Unitiqute owners, and then develop a floorstanding version and take it from there.
Still, it’s all ancient history now.

I agree. CK’s DBL system (in various guises) remains as one of the very best I’ve ever heard, and, in some ways, was inarguably the best I’ve heard.

The DBL remains, IMO, a landmark in speakers.

Philosophy of Naim speakers looks very different to Focal but would a joint project be feasible?

It’s a nice idea. Who knows…?

If Focal made a Mk3 SBL I would be at the front of the queue. Unlikely though…

1 Like

It’s a pity that rather than discontinuing the speakers manufacturing wasn’t moved from Salisbury to Focal’s factory thus relieving the much needed space. The speakers could have been branded something like ‘Naim speakers by Focal’.

If they still sounded like Focal speakers then I wouldn’t be buying them. The number of people with Naim speakers has always been limited and most Naim owners have other companies’ speakers. Naim speakers should be Naim speakers and not some rebadged pale imitation.

1 Like

I think we’re getting a bit off-topic here…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.