HumminGuru ultrasonic RCM FTW! (The one from Kickstarter)

It dries with fans and has a 5 and 10 minutes setting for drying. Depending on room temperature and humidity, 5 usually sufficed for me but sometimes (rarely) I need 10. It also makes a difference if you used a wetting agent in the liquid because water drops stick less to the record with an agent

1 Like

Dry enough to sleeve immediately? Thatā€™s what I like about my noisy wet RCM with vacuum.

Yes

Thank you. That just promoted it to my long want list.

1 Like

Itā€™s really easy to use. Just put water, click on the program you want, and you can play it or put in a sleeve. 40 cl of distilled water. I change it every 2 lps, but some every 4.

2 Likes

Some observations after having cleaned maybe 5 or 6 lps since :
My lps are all in excellent condition. I have already cleaned them with a very good cleaning fluid, lā€™Art du Son and then with distilled water.
Now, after the HGuru, I hear less clicks and pops on some lps which were more VG++ than NM.
On my NM albums, the results are more overall silence, only very little hiss at the beginning of the tracks, and I can identify better tiny details on the background. The sound seems a little more dynamic too.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear. Sounds like you are happy with it?

Iā€™m sold, not least from the fact I can leave it doing its thing and go do something else 8)

1 Like

Yes , happy with it. No mess at all and it makes a very good job. And you have no residues left like with RCM.

2 Likes

Is it fairly quiet whilst cleaning?

It does make the rather annoying sound of ultrasonic emitters, did you ever have dental calculus removed? But itā€™s not very loud and turning up the volume on the stereo helps

Iā€™m quite tempted to get one regardless, Iā€™d have it located out of earshot in a workshop anyway!
Iā€™ve got a Pro-Ject VC-S2 which is reasonable but deafeningly loud in use and a bit of a mechanical faff to operate, hence the appeal for a move to ultrasonic based alternatives.

Itā€™s much less loud than these jet engine cleaners for sure

1 Like

You can keep it in the kitchen. It takes around 10 mn of some noises, but not very annoying.
A bit like a coffee machine.

1 Like

Thanks FR, thatā€™s encouraging, itā€™s certainly a product that stands out from the crowd in terms of capabilities and importantly price point with a bonus of not sounding like a jet fighter getting ready to take off.
Did you have to pay a lot for import taxes in your case?

I paid around 420 euros for all, with shipping. I will probably receive FedEx bill in some days, maybe 40/50 euros. So in total itā€™s still cheaper than a Profect RCM, and much cheaper vs the non Chinese ultrasonic machines which begin at 2k. So absolutely recommended.
I have to thanks @Suedkiez .

4 Likes

Juno sells the Humminguru ultrasonic cleaner now. So you can order from UK. Itā€™s 499 GBP , but itā€™s much more expensive, around 100 euros more for me, including the international charges from both countries ( China or UK).
For me, even just lps are too expensive at Juno.

2 Likes

Good heads up, I even have a Juno account :+1:t2:

I see your point on the price gap, did some calculations and direct from HK with shipping itā€™s Ā£368.68, I doubt any additional customs would bring it close to the Ā£499 mark. The main issue is post Brexit, importing anything can be painful, which may explain Junoā€™s speculative pricing.

1 Like

I paid Ā£388, including spares and a spare tank. Iā€™m fairly sure that was it. I donā€™t recall any horrible extras.

Just looked, a Ā£38.18 - FedEx fee

I feel they try to make a good margin. Even for people living in Uk itā€™s not interesting.