Hybrid SACD and Uniti Core

Hi all,

This is a genuine question as I have absolutely zero knowledge of SACD’s.

Firstly, I wondered if the Core would rip a hybrid SACD?

Secondly, would the then ripped version be any different? i.e. better than a normal CD rip?

For example would the MOFI Hybrid SACD of Mingus Ah-Um sound any better/different to a CD of the same album, if both were ripped to the Core?

I hope the above makes sense,

Thanks,

Mike

The Core doesn’t rip an SACD, but it can rip the CD layer of a dual-layer SACD/CD. The sound would be the same whether it was an SACD/CD or a CD, assuming it was the same master used for the CD in each case.

Best

David

Hi Mike, yes it will rip the cd layer of a hybrid SACD, as i have done this. Does it sound better, difficult to say as you are not able to easily compare cd, cd layer, sacd layer…all having been treated differently. I certainly would not go out of my way to buy without a SACD player.

Many thanks David.

Looks like I will need to save a few more quid for the vinyl ultradisc version.

Ah um,

Mike

Cheers Gazza.

I’ll have a serious think about the vinyl instead.

ATB,

Mike

1 Like

SACD’s can be ripped on old Playstations, not sure which one. There are a few blueray players that do it too apparently. This produces DSF, or DFF files, which the Core does play.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.