I Have Never

I have never … met (or directly communicated with) another Forum member or a Naim owner… :slightly_frowning_face:

So, this Post is an attempt to ‘fix’ this… As direct communications are not possible or permitted, the only way to contact me will be via @Richard.Dane .

My location is - close to M6 J1, in Rugby, Warwickshire.
My system is - LP12 & CDX2 - 82/HiCap/250 - Kudos X3’s.
My musical tastes are - classic Rock mainly.

Here’s hoping that someone might be interested… :thinking:

2 Likes

One of the best ways to hook up with other forum members and Naim owners is through dealer events or shows. Dealer organised factory visits are good too. Obviously Covid lockdowns and precautions have pretty well knocked most of these events on the head, but as things appear to be opening up again, perhaps now is the time to reach out to your Naim dealer.

2 Likes

I’m based in Norfolk which is a about 2 1/2 hours away down the A14 which is quite a nice drive, because it’s not as congested (perhaps a little when passing through Cambridge) compared to other routes. My house is not ready for visitors yet (system is boxed up during the renovations) but I’d be more than happy to entertain you should you ever pass through my neck of the woods :relaxed:

4 Likes

Gigs are a great way of meeting forumites – among those I have met at concerts are @crispyduck, @steviebee, @Quad33, @Denis_Anderson, @biddler66 as well as a number of others who no longer on these forums.

5 Likes

Myself and @Quad33 had a wonderful day out at an old forum members home a good few years ago.

3 Likes

My location is - close to M6 J3, in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.
My system is - LP12 - Akurate DSM, 2x A2200 - Kudos T808.
My musical tastes are - classic Rock/Blues and some electronic.

1 Like

@IainW - M6 J3 is not far at all, from me… I know Nuneaton… :slightly_smiling_face:

A2200 = Linn Akurate 2200 - ??

Well, I inadvertently offered you an intimate experience earlier and you spurned me!

I don’t know what to think :rofl:

:laughing:

1 Like

Actually ‘another Naim owner’ is a much more interesting one, but on both counts neither have I.

I may be wrong, I was once on a University training placement in North Wales and the family that kindly hosted me for a week or two had Naim/Linn kit but I didn’t actually know them or arrange to meet them, it was just a random training placement with someone already qualified and altruistic.

Must avoid repeating actually. I keep telling my youngest to drop ‘literally’ from every sentence.

1 Like

A concert meet up or social evening would be great, assuming that is we can all get tickets or are within reasonable travelling distance.

I’d also love a trip to Naim HQ once it’s deemed safe to do so.

I’m in S Wales on M4 corridor. Currently anyway!

2 Likes

I can recommend that. Done it twice - once back in the 80’s - and again just a few years ago, pre-CV…

South Wales = Too Far Away… probably…

Crumbs, ‘back in the 80’s’, makes me think I’m at least a decade or two younger than you. Couldn’t afford Naim until early 90’s. Probably couldn’t afford Linn before then either but I went for it thanks to a forward looking bank manager :grinning: Where are they these days?

1 Like

Hi @IanRobertM yes, 2x Linn Akurate 2200 Dynamik.
Yes, not much between J1 and J3, we are actually in Bermuda.

1 Like

I’m outskirts of naaridge…

1 Like

Fortunately… I know that that is really in Nuneaton, and not an exotic island… :crazy_face:

Feel free to try to contact me, via Admins… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Richard.Dane would you please pass my email address to @IanRobertM?

2 Likes

When the refurbishments are complete I’d be more than happy to entertain you :relaxed::+1:

1 Like

BE WARNED! I’ve met @Polarbear @Richard.Dane @JonR @Gazza @NigelB @Bluesfan @Antz @davidhendon, amongst others no doubt, and have been massively led astray and as a result my bank account bears the scars.

7 Likes

It was a pleasure meeting you and helping to spend your money…….been a while too. Fear not, Signals have tentatively penciled in an Audio show east for 28/29th October………get your bank balance sorted😉

4 Likes

If the Audio Show East goes ahead, it would be great for the three of us to meet up. We can also help @LindsayM spend some more money. :wink:

5 Likes