I Have Never

Excellent news! I’ll be there.

2 Likes

Hi Lindsay, other than the beyond reproach Mr @Richard.Dane (of course!), that’s a dodgy collection of characters if ever there was one.

Other fine & upstanding current and alumni members of this Forum that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting include @Tonym, @PeterR, John N., Nick from Suffolk and of course Jon Honeyball, plus several other fine folk either at each other’s homes or at shows.

Next time you visit, you will be relieved to know that you won’t be welcomed by a full-sized Newfie. We’ve downsized severely to a Bernese Mountain Dog, almost a handbag dog really.

It really is time the rest of us clubbed together in a concerted effort to help you spend, sorry, invest more money in that vinyl playing system of yours. :imp: :grin:

Best regards, BF

3 Likes

Seeing mention of @Tonym, not having seen any posts by him in a long while I looked and he appears not to have visited the forum since November 2020. does anyone have contact him? Is he OK?

He is active on the pink forum.

1 Like

Last i heard Tony had downsized to an Accuphase set up into his DBL,s…….he had a health issue when i last spoke which was quite some time ago….but with Covid probably keeping his head down. Hope he is still OK.

He’s a regular visitor to the Lake District. Seems fine

1 Like

Yep he turns up regularly in other Social Media places.

That’s right Gazza. He has simplified and downsized the prodigious active DBL system to a passive Accuphase-based one.

I spoke with him a few months ago and he was fine, dividing his time between the Lake District and the south east. Health-wise he was okay, just needing to manage things to stay well.

1 Like

Thats great to hear.

Having spent a fair amount of my own money just a few short months ago, I took look forward to the opportunity of spending more of @LindsayM ’s money :smiley:

2 Likes

I met quite a few forum members at the factory on different occasions, There’s a photo of some of us on one memorable visit which has found its way here once or twice. That was organised by @anon4489532 whom I have come to know quite well and count as a proper friend. His charming wife too.

And I bought HH’s SL2s when he decided to refocus his system. He and his wife loaded them into my car when Covid rules prevented me from being close enough to him to help myself (the boxes are big, but not 2m long!). The first time I heard them in his sitting room I wanted them. It took him a couple of years to decide to let me have them!..…

2 Likes

I’m not far from J36 M6.
Perhaps a bit for “up north” for most - but you’re welcome to drop in for a brew :wink:

1 Like

It’s always great to meet up, most of mine has been at my dealers @Cymbiosis, meeting @LindsayM @Polarbear @Toon Chris Dolan and getting their thoughts experience and expertise

Also factory visits and meeting Jason

Anyone is welcome in Worcestershire if passing

2 Likes

Where to start, I have traveled the country and even the world meeting many forum members over the last 15 years. It would be unfair to name a few as I have met hundreds of forum members. Enjoyed many nights out, weekends away or simply just meeting them in a dealers or hi-if show.

Are there any events near Crystal Palace ?! I know at least one member lives in / near gipsy hill.

@IanRobertM I’d be interested in how this develops and would consider issuing an invitation or two - no liability for anyone developing upgraditis angst, I have finished my journey.

Couple of systems with Naim speakers, one fronted by an LP12 and a Naim tuner + roof aerial.

However one room will have to remain locked. As a member of the beta group, I can’t possible divulge what I might be testing, including any box(es).
Naim team and that great moderator of ours @Richard.Dane, would string me back to “(A)olive”…….or confiscate all my Naim kit.
If interested, please ask Richard to pass on your contact details.

@anon23112058 said he would be “down A14”, I always think of Norfolk along the A14 as up, but then I’m A14 low numbers - not far from you, near j2.
IME still not the best of the roads though, I regularly go other ways to Norfolk.

@sound-hound - Well, your timing is very good, as - yesterday - I have agreed a Meet Up with a local-to-me Naim Forum member… :smiley:

The Beta group… sounds interesting…!!!

Your location - nr A14 J2 - is not that far from me… :slightly_smiling_face:
I am near the M6/A14 junction…

Mrs Pete and I am aiming to be in the UK for at least one of the Ashes matches next year and would love to share a pint with anyone that’s around at that time.

3 Likes

That sounds a great idea, but a third of a pint won’t last long…

3 Likes

I don’t usually last more than 2 pints anyway. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes