I hope that huge thread is just being edited

Let me guess…(‘What I’ve done today/last 24 hours’ whatever it was called).

2 Likes

Yes, I also hope only an edit………

1 Like

Was there some naughtiness?

1 Like

Suspect it is …

How else will we know about Solwisesteve’s travails ?

3 Likes

The usual suspects.

4 Likes

Just hope for Solwisestrve’s sake it all works out

2 Likes

It started with a little bit of grumpiness with an observation and followed on with an entrance to The Forbidden Door - I must admit that I come to this superb forum because

it’s general lack of grumpiness,
it’s helpfulness to Newbies
it’s friendliness not it’s friendless approach
and because I’ve been a Naim customer for 30 years +

Hopefully all will be restored

3 Likes

It’s sad that Richard has to waste his previous time reviewing these threads which seem to always be disrupted by the same old characters over and over again.

7 Likes

As usual sleep has deprived me of what’s gone on. Obviously some members can’t help themselves.

2 Likes

No idea, more likely people unable to resist demonstrating their political views.

1 Like

Have to agree.

I think we all respect the fact that there will be differences of opinion on many matters but there have been quite a few interesting threads which have just been deleted as some find it hard to contain their personal views when we are explicitly told to avoid such posturing on Naim’s forum.

None of us are perfect, I’ve had a few things deleted over the years, but I’m increasingly frustrated when interesting threads are deleted, presumably because it’s too much hassle to edit/moderate posts, rather than the odd indiscretion which may be highlighted for moderation due to ignorance or error.

I’m sure Richard has far better things to do.

2 Likes

I’ve obviously missed an interesting thread!(?)

2 Likes

Before long it’ll be Pygmalion rules for the Lounge!

I’ve taught her to speak properly; and she has strict orders as to her behaviour. She’s to keep to two subjects: the weather and everybody’s health–Fine day and How do you do, you know–and not to let herself go on things in general. That will be safe.

I’m not sure even those topics would be safe :neutral_face:

3 Likes

In fact the last few posts I saw were about the weather, maybe it was earlier ones.

English weather can upset some.

3 Likes

Missed it completely

Kick ‘em off I say

1 Like

Tbh most people are behaving themselves these days, a few years back it seemed there was a thread a night shutdown.

1 Like

Any flight hassles out of Melbourne for you?

My brother got back last evening to be advised luggage ( along with 50 other passengers luggage) didn’t make the flight so on the next one that got in around 8.30 pm

I think he got pickled in the airport lounge at their expense to fill in the wait

2 Likes

Just got off at Newcastle now so far so good. Waiting for our baggage, good thing it’s a small airport and you can watch your stuff come off the plane.

2 Likes

Not a bad airport that one - used it quite a bit in my full time working life

1 Like