I went away from Naim, and then came back to a 250DR

There could be an impedance mismatch. I’d find out what the output impedance of G2 is and input impedance of the Nap250 is.

Maybe it’s that, but in both cases the G2 is used as a preamp. With the Bluesound, only the streamer is not used . Strange.

I’ll be interested to hear what the dealer thinks. Personally I think it all needs LOT’S more break in. I’m also a bit suspicious of the cables… I’m not all that surprised that the Node sounds warmer since it is less resolving than the G2

Have him bring cables

wow… how is the etude better than the NAP 250DR???

Yes, for me it has been a real improvement. Better clarity, more detail, more bass extension, and just a tighter grip over the speakers.
I guess the extra Wattage helps, especially having moved from Kudos X2s to more demanding Shahinian Arcs. Perhaps synergy with Dave helps too.

And no loss of PRAT or boogie factor?

I use an Icon 4 into a 300DR - superb.

Before this I have used both an EAR868pl and a Townshend Allegri, both with good results.

M

@MrUnderhill it seems the Icon 4 is the relatively ‘new kid on the block’ in respect of passive transformer pres/volume controls.

Martin at HiFi Critic seemed to like it and the addition of remote control is a welcome addition. I must try one, one day.

Yes, Martin said he needed his big boy system to tell the difference between the Allegri & the Icon 4, I couldn’t with my system.

With streaming have a remote control with the volume is a nice bit of added functionality, as is the AV bypass.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.