I would like to ask, firmware 3.6, boot color screen where, the next version can be added back?

I would like to ask, firmware 3.6, boot color screen where, the next version can be added back?

tagging @tomvamos

@tanxin97 perhaps you can clarify what you mean exactly?

1 Like

That was original Uniti branding, which has been superseded.

I thought it was really nice, too

3 Likes

Yeah it was a funky little touch that I was sad about when it was gone.

1 Like

You can still have it as an App style if you like!

3 Likes

I am disappointed it’s gone too.
Replaced by a boring old black screen with white logo.

I am sure they had their reasons.

2 Likes

It’s not even black, more a sort of murky dark grey!

1 Like

This, and other threads, remind me of a colleague who was more interested in Windows’ wallpapers and screensavers than the capabilities of his computer!

4 Likes

I’d see more of a parallel if windows took the wallpapers away.

I never missed it. But now I do! Thanks. :yum:

1 Like

It was a shame to see it go but I can also understand the desire to have the Naim brand logo appear - would be nice maybe to see it appear after the Naim logo during startup, unless the image was licensed and is no longer or if it was some kind of memory hog at startup.

I don’t miss that at all, it looked fussy and a little dated. Pleased for a little minimalism in its place.

2 Likes

The psychedelic squiggles were refreshingly unusual for Naim, a bit of fun when waking the Atom. The new version just exemplifies boring corporate thinking. Uniformity triumphs over idiosyncrasy, yet again.

Roger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.