Ideas for Wife's 60th Prezzie please. RESULT

…as my wife is an amateur artist you could commission it from her, and she would be so pleased that it would save me buying her a birthday present!

Bruce

Thanks for all the ideas, some things to work on. Cheers

I have been visiting auction sites to seek out interesting art and when I see something I think my partner would like I try to buy it. Not something really expensive, up to £1000 or something.you can also consider it as a small limited investment.

You can of course also do this for jewellery, pottery and vases etc.

I just bought one for my wife for Christmas, it needs framing so I will post a picture when it’s done over on that other thread.

1 Like

ND555 & 2x555PSDR

G

2 Likes

I commissioned a ceramic artist to make 2 sculptures of our dogs for my wife’s latest birthday. If you can find an artist she likes and get the theme based around something she likes, or a colour etc, it could be well received.

1 Like

:partying_face::smirk:

( let the OP burn the Meridian and the Linn)

1 Like

Hot air balloon and a picnic.

2 Likes

Le Simplon Orient Express trip, either Europe or the UK. The Scotland one is stunning.

Im doing Venice to London for the wifes 50th next year. She dont know it yet!

2 Likes

The only problem is they always scream “Oh my God, is this thing safe?” as the balloon rises and becomes a bit embarrassing. She could always stay on the ground have a picnic, whilst you go up in the balloon though?

For my wife’s 65th birthday we went on a helicopter flight around Manhattan at night!

2 Likes

Very ‘Succession’.

G

How about that nice fancy case?

4 Likes

It depends on what type of lockdown you’re facing.

In Switzerland, we never really had a lockdown. Meaning outside activities are allowed, with no restrictions.

If you’re in the UK, than a nice outdoors adventure could perhaps please her.

Climbing the Ben Nevis is a nice thing to do (with a mountain guide, of course)

Not the “tourists’ route” but a nice and easy route off the beaten tracks :smiley:

1 Like

Oooh a surprisingly decent experience imo, very peaceful and yet entertaining too with a pissed up bunch of strangers cooped up in a basket together for and hour or so.

Either way, do it somewhere more interesting than Lincolnshire. We did one that way a few years back, fk me it’s flat out there. You can see a long, long way mind!

1 Like

Nice idea, thanks! Christmas is in a few weeks :smiley:

We popped in to their old windmill and asked about a special 21 st birthday set of jewellery for my eldest daughter. Did not see what we wanted at the price we wanted to pay.
Catherine came out into the shop, discussed, and designed on a sketchpad in front of us. We picked it up before we left the island…the nice touch was the signed sketch was in the package.
So give her a call👍

2 Likes

What a thoughtful gift.
I’ll probably do that! Thanks a lot Gazza :smiley:

Take her to see the Northern lights, a photo just doesn’t do it justice.

4 Likes

Commission a piece of music dedicated to your wife.

1 Like

I did that once, for girlfriend, a long long time ago.
I composed a lullaby, and played it to her :notes: :musical_score:
I probably still have the music score somewhere.