If you could only have one

Just a Statement amplifier. Thats 3 big boxes but thats my vote.
Douglas.

Hmm… if it has be a single item then it must be my golden oldie NAP110. In the early 80s I had LP12/Grace/Supex with a Meridian 101 preamp and a big TVA1 valve power amp driving the Gales. By ‘87 the TVA1 was needing a set of valves, but I decided to borrow a demo 42.5/110 set for a few days… just to see if the hype had any substance. They never made it back to the dealer - turned out the hype was underplayed if anything. Now the Meridian 101 was actually pretty good, so the star of the Naim show really was the NAP110, with its incredible energy and drive, yet as sweet sounding as you could ever want.

7 Likes

Existing or fantasy???

Kev, you might be waiting a while longer…

1 Like

Supernait Signature…:grin:

2 Likes

All three (in one) - I’m quite fond of my Muso Qb!

The much hoped for 372…

Naim DBLs - in the special Piano Black finish.

Aesthetically the Olive shoeboxes are my favorites by a wide margin. But which one to choose? The Nait 2 or one half of the 72/140 combo? The Nait was beyond my budget back then and might be a little underpowered for my current speakers. I never got to listen to the 72/140 for an extended time and would have to guess which one I should choose :thinking:
So I’ll go with my favorite among the four items I actually bought (Aro, DAC, Powerlines and SN2): the nDAC. No longer in the lineup, but still my favorite digital source.

2 Likes

SBLs are special.

2 Likes

A 500 series server to take on and beat the Melco family of servers, switches and cd rippers.

1 Like

A 572 of course, but that would need an external PS so might not count as one box!

Roger

2 Likes

The original question was if you could have one, not invent one.

1 Like

If I had to choose a product from their current range it would certainly be an amplification.

Naim do not produce speakers and CD players any longer and I am not a fan of their current streamers and servers.

On the other hand, they have made excellent sources and speakers in the past and I would not hesitate buying second hand Naim speakers, DACs or CD players.

2 Likes

I thought that when a reliable n-Vi was mentioned :grinning:

1 Like

If the Statement amplifier counts as one, I’ll have one of them please.

3 Likes

The Olive NAIT 2 I gave to a friend that he said had broken and I asked him to send it back to but he didn’t.

it seems ‘only one’ is being interpreted as allowing a pair of of monoblocks (NAP S1) or even a triple-box pre-power combination. So a power amp would seem reasonable regardless of actual box count, In which case, assuming the question means if one has a multi-rollover lottery jackpot win, a hex pack of NAP S1s. (For tri-amped speakers, the bass end in particular benefitting from the power reserve, and with the S1 beIng unique in Naim range having balanced inputs.)

Haha!! Nice one IB, I think you just trumped everyone. :grin:

My reasoning for trying to get 3 items past the criteria is: 82/250/supercap, should be one unit really as none of the three items is anything without the other two. They all rely on each other. It is essentially one unit split in to three boxes. I also conceded that I was pushing the criteria’s boundaries, so opted to keep my Nova.

All good fun and interesting to see what people really treasure from Naim’s line up.

None. If I couldn’t match enough source and amplification components in the system, I’d not buy Naim unless there was a gun to my head.

I’d build a system from something totally different instead and save myself countless hours of matching trial and error aggro.

Since it is a hypothetical scenario though, it’s not sonething anyone is going to be forced to contend with.