If you only had 1 track to play…

depends on what’s ok…

I guess it means are you ok, your post sounded a little concerning. However I’m hoping it was tongue in cheek (humour) but just checking.

I’d probably find out what their favourite music was and play them that…

For me I find it’s sparse and/or simple music that seems the most ‘audiophiles’ if that makes
Sense

Always let them choose. If its something that they don’t know and love how will they ever know (or care) about the difference?

It wasn’t. But I play the cards I’ve been dealt. Good days bad days.

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration. Never listened to Oh Mercy before but it’s really a fine album. Luckily, the local record store had it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any reason for that? Not having many or any friends can happen easily I’ve always been able to count the number of people I truly count as friends, as opposed to acquaintances, on my fingers of one hand) - but I can’t imagine not listening to music often.

The weather here is terrible. Every other day thunder and lightning storms. Other more personal marriage issues. I listen in the car. But there’s just too much going on in the house.

Do you still have your hi fi?

I love being in the car on my own listening to music, cars generally are an underrated listening room.

Yup. main system in living room. (no naim) and Muso 2 in family room. My Audi has an excellent B&O system. Listen to that more than anything these days. It’s strange I have concert tickets for Friday night and I think I’m going to sell them. I just don’t want to deal with the crowd and loudness and of course the heat. One of my favorite artists and favorite venues, but the enthusiasm isn’t there. Thanks for asking

1 Like

I had a B&O system in my Alfa (recently sold) and just ticked the options box for the same in Mrs Pete’s new car.

Who were you going to see, maybe worth seeing if a friend is available. Might help take your mind off things.

2 Likes

Flamenco Sketches -Miles D.

2 Likes

Galaxy 2 Galaxy - Hi Tech Jazz

Ticks all my boxes.

Often I feel like this before going to a gig, especially if it’s one I bought tickets for a long time before.

Usually, I do go though, and I’m always glad I did. If you’re feeling down, go to the gig. It’s good to get a reminder of what you enjoy, especially something you’ve enjoyed for a long time.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that - I hope you can satisfactorily navigate through current problems to a better future.

Most cars are are awful listening rooms! Sound quality is inherently limited especially when on the move due to background noise. I guess the listening environment in the most luxurious cars will be better than most, and a purpose-designed system like Naim for Bentley probably achieves close to what is possible in a proper room - but then if driving I certainly would not want to have have engaging music playing drawing me into it instead of remaining 100% focused on the road.

Think you might just be a little behind the game, good cars with decent systems (take the B&Q for instance) are designed to compensate for some if not most of the issues you mentioned. Also we drive long distances and a good system is almost an necessity, but you don’t have to listen to music there’s always the dreaded talk back for those who like being shouted at. :grin:

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. I’m of an age where life’s shtty stick has glanced my way now and again. Hang on in there and see if you can find someone to talk to, friend or professional, even the dog. Ex counsellor here (psychotherapist/shrink in USA terms). Sometimes just hearing yourself talk it out can help.

1 Like

Jackson Browne at the Beacon Theater NYC

1 Like

Jackson Browne. Sorry I wouldn’t miss that for quids. If I could get there quick enough I’d go with you.

2 Likes

I think I need to go. I got front row center seats in the loge maybe the best seats in the house.

3 Likes